constructive crit wanted for wip

constructive crit wanted for wip

Hello all! This is my first venture into both digital 3d modeling and kigu making, though I have sculpted bjds before. I'm going with a bit of a bjd look for that reason. I'm still making little adjustments to the nose, and I'd prefer it if the lips looked full, but not duck like, lmao. I also apologize because I have no clue how to format on forums :^/

Here's the base i started with i.gyazo.com/639438b0fd95cad415486f1eaeca8ed9.png

Front view: i.gyazo.com/99c9933b9029a6239cf59a117e1d07a4.png

Side view: i.gyazo.com/7719909b380b806d6fec95f5c46f710a.png
      The features look way too exaggerated for a bjd mask which usually have them very delicate looking, if you wouldn't have mentioned it I would have assumed you were going for a female WOW dwarf.
      Also, why don't you just go for a premade bjd shell considering they are as easy to modify as actual bjds? 3D printed masks are in no way an easy task to make and usually not recommended for beginners due to easy failure when not properly sanded, wrong paint, warping during printing, not considering vision spots, etc.

Post was edited 4 times, last by “ichigomomomya” ().

Part of the joy I get from any project of mine is the ability to customize what I want, which is why I attempted 3d modeling. I do see where you're coming from with the dwarf look, she definitely has some pudge and exaggerated features, some on purpose, but some also due to inexperience and amateur ability. A lot of western bjd makers have dolls with a more "thicc" look to them, which is what I'm trying to go for, but it is definitely not quite there yet. I do appreciate your feedback, it has given me new perspective on the style and what I should adjust going forward

MaizyMouse wrote:

Part of the joy I get from any project of mine is the ability to customize what I want, which is why I attempted 3d modeling. I do see where you're coming from with the dwarf look, she definitely has some pudge and exaggerated features, some on purpose, but some also due to inexperience and amateur ability. A lot of western bjd makers have dolls with a more "thicc" look to them, which is what I'm trying to go for, but it is definitely not quite there yet. I do appreciate your feedback, it has given me new perspective on the style and what I should adjust going forward

Break the mould and do something different. What drives me to distraction is the unrelieved bloody sameness of everything, especially on the anime front which gets to the point of a dystopian nightmare. Here's a beautiful creature, don't mind her salt, she really likes you.....'>......

Try knowing a few heteronorms. They'll broaden your horizons without a lot of drama. It's great, try it....'>......
      sorry if I got wrog, but you re looking for a " doll-like "style mask, right?
      (I'm not sure what is BJD, I'mtaking it as Ball jointed doll, and from that I only know a bit of the anime looking ones like Dolfie ....)
      if you want help for an anime look, maybe this guide can help you!
      kigu-rin.blogspot.com/2012/10/…-beginner-guide.html#more
      Of course the style is up to you and if you are already used to makes style for the dolls (if I haven't assumed it wrong ...) you can just scale it up, just be sure to fit the head !
      ( ^w^)/ hey~