Feeling slightly defeated

Feeling slightly defeated

So, I switched my plan a little. I'm going to print an existing model and then edit the face with epoxy sculpt. Only problem is, I keep getting error messages galore, and odd prices that just don't match up when I upload the designs to 2d printing sites. Would a kind soul be willing to take a look at the files for this noob?
      Give yourself a break. This stuff isn't easy and takes time. energy and funds to get out of concept into physical form.
      Our doll concept for the studio started back in September of 2016 and that picture was taken a little over a year ago.

180713-post-1_.jpg
      It took almost a year and a half to be it up the the point you see it here.

Just little by slow gets you to finish phase.
      Maizy, if your model is throwing up errors for print then its likely its not manifold. A 3d model for printing has to be Manifold or "solid" so if it was filled with water it wouldn't leak. It also overlapping and intersecting polygons are not allowed, basically 3D printers are very picky over what they will actually print. It looks like you are using Blender correct? There's an optional plugin for Blender to help with 3d printing. If you haven't got it enabled go to File->User Preferences, then the Addon tab and select Mesh: 3D Print Toolbox. This should give you a tab down the left called 3d Printing. Then put your mesh into edit mode, click on the 3d Print Tab and click on Check All. This will find and highlight non manifold edges (leaks) and other problematic faces allowing you to correct them.

After you've fixed it up export it to an STL file. Then use Cura, this is a free opensource 3D slicing software you can download from ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software, you can use this to double check the integrity of the model. To 3d print something first it has to be sliced, this is breaking it down into sub millimeter slices that can be printed one at a time, after its sliced it the software then generates g-code which is a set of very low level instructions for the printer to follow to reproduce your model. Import your .stl file(s) into Cura and attempt to slice them with a standard profile. Just tell Cura you have a 3d printer large enough to fit your mask. This will double check the model is fit for printing, if Cura can slice it, most printers should print it OK, so you should be good to go for a bureau printing service, but given the size of a Kig mask, it won't be cheap.

If you are still having trouble see if you can attach the .blend file as a zip to this thread and I can take a look. I''m not an expert but I have designed and 3d printed a couple of Kig masks, there's threads about them in the WIP section if you want a look.