Ultra Newbie Question-athon!

Ultra Newbie Question-athon!

Hello everybody! I'm Uchuu, nice to meet you all!!

I'm kinda awkward and don't really know how to start off posts, so I'll just jump right into it. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, btw!!

I'm a cosplayer, the "regular" kind who uses her real face to dress up as anime girls. I'm no stranger to the concept of animegao kigurumi, but I'm definitely new to how it all works. Currently I'm planning a cosplay of Aiwarn (Eyeone?? Toei please clarify) from Star Twinkle Precure, and since she's a cyclops I figured masking up would be the best route to take for her. It'll give me a flat face for her big ol' eye and I won't have to spend hours on a con morning applying makeup and a prosthetic that honestly wouldn't look as good as a mask would. So here's where my ultra barrage of questions begins!

1. Is a half mask a viable option?
      I very briefly looked into the concept of animegao half masks that only cover the front of the face, rather than almost the entire skull, and found that they Do exist. I feel this route would be a better option for me, not only being a beginner, but I'd prefer to keep the size of my head as close to it already is as possible, if that makes sense? An aesthetic choice. Plus I feel it'll make her wig sit nicer, maybe... I'm not an expert in this kind of thing though, so basically, is a half mask a good or a bad idea? Would it sit strange, am I better off with making a full head mask?

2. How should I go about seeing?
      Sight is another thing I've briefly looked into but I just cant... wrap my head around it, especially since I only have one eye to go off of (haha). I know that making the eyelid fold lines into slits to see out of is (potentially?) common, but Aiwarn doesnt really have two seperate eyes to have two seperate eyelid folds that line up with the general area of my irl eyes. I considered maybe making her lashline my seeing point instead, but I was planning on having it full of false lashes, which would make it difficult to see through. I also saw on a blog that sometimes using the shadow part of the sclera of the eye can work, if you use a netting to make it less obvious that there's a slit cut there. Is this a legitimate technique?

3. Pointy Bois (ears)
      This ones not as in depth. If I do go down the path of making her a half mask, should I include her ears as part of the mask, or should I use prosthetic ears on my real ears? Her side bangs would cover the seam of the side of her face, since I typically glue side bangs down as it is, but I'd like to avoid it if it'd affect the general integrity of how the overall cosplay looks.

4. Any other tips?
      I feel like I had more questions in my head before I started typing up this post, but they've all flown right out of my head. So if you have any tips and advice I should know that I haven't kinda touched on already, please let me know!

Finally, I'll attach a picture of Aiwarn down here, so you all at least know the kind of look I'm going for :9

Thank you for all the help in advance!!
      I may be a little late but to answer your questions:
      1. Yes a half shell is a good option. I'm using one for my Dawn/Serena kig. Something you might want to try though is making the sides go a little farther back and add snaps to the wig to secure the bottom to the mask's bottom edge. This will prevent people from seeing inside the mask from behind since Aiwarn doesn't seem to have a hairstyle that would easily cover the whole back of the head.
      2. You actually have some decent potential for seeing. Something I've seen a few other kigs do is put mesh or tinted material into the darker parts of the iris which could provide a bit of decent vision out. You also have the area under around the eyelid where you could add a sneaky bit of vision slits. The bottom black fold there could be used to make breathing a little easier.
      3. They should be molded into the mask because the bodysuit is usually hooded if you chose to use one.
      4. If you have access to a 3D printer or are confident with your artistic abilities you should try making your mask yourself to keep the overall cost down since things can get expensive pretty quickly. There's also the added bonus of satisfaction when you finally finish it and suit up for the first time. Speaking of which you should wear it often once you finish it to get used to wearing it before you wear it in public to avoid embarrassing situations.
      I wish you luck on your first steps to becoming Aiwarn.