How did you decide which character you wanted to be?

How did you decide which character you wanted to be?

What were the factors that helped you decide who you wanted (or want) to "kig"?

Was it the current popularity of the Anime series? Was the the personality of the character that you could relate to? Similarities of body shape or proportions? Waifu potential ? Otaku obsession? or did you just come across a mask that seemed to "fit"?

Are there any other things that aren't listed above that may or may not have swayed your choice(s)?
      I've always had a love for The Legend of Zelda. You always see Link and Zelda. But my favorite character is Marin from Link's Awakening. It's rare that I see cosplay of her. The game has a special place in my heart and I knew I wanted to bring my favorite character to life.
      For my kigs...for Claire i've been writing fictional stories thus Claire was born ^w^ truly love it

For Maki ^w^ <3 thanks to cici for showing Love Live School Idol Project one day on TinyChat and fell in love with Maki and the anime ^w^ truly love it <3
      "Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, you must think!"
      For my kigs...for Claire i've been writing fictional stories thus Claire was born ^w^ truly love itFor Maki ^w^ thanks to cici for showing Love Live School Idol Project one day on TinyChat and fell in love with Maki and the anime ^w^ truly love it

Aw Crap!!! it was all my fault?????

Oh dear...

LOL love I could guide you ~

cici wrote:

For my kigs...for Claire i've been writing fictional stories thus Claire was born ^w^ truly love itFor Maki ^w^ thanks to cici for showing Love Live School Idol Project one day on TinyChat and fell in love with Maki and the anime ^w^ truly love it

Aw Crap!!! it was all my fault?????

Oh dear...

LOL love I could guide you ~

Yes <3 you guided me to kigurumi and to my second kig <3
      "Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, you must think!"
      so what it is that gets me to invest in a certain character~
      well... first the character needs to be a certain type, that is the ability to feed me emotionally..
      that being said there are many characters on my plate I have done in the past and will now be either replacing with new characters or building new masks that are better suited to portray them...

new characters I'm interested in? welp, I'm on that search currently seeking a new few that can evoke an emotional response in me...
      not really interested in who's popular or for that matter one that's heavily backed by the Otaku culture...
      so in doing my homework I am watching at least three anime esp.s a night, scouring manga and the web to find that certain character/s that want to do me ^___^

I do have three in the queue currently~
      I always answer the question fairly, at least once. There's a super long history, but I'll spare the gorier details.

Long story short, I ended up with Holo as it felt like she most closely matched my personality. Sylandra, however, is a greater work in progress. Holo came about because of a maker who was willing and able to put it together (and she gets a lot of compliments, too). To the maker's credit, it was also the fastest I had ever received any mask/head portion of an outfit...and on time.
      I could say Sasuke and Itachi are my favorite characters.Could be the reason why I cosplayed them and why I want to kig as Sasuke,but I think there's more to that.I can relate to them in a way.Much like Sasuke,and abit like Itachi,I do keep my feelings for myself,and before I discovered cosplay,I was closed up and only had a few friends.
      In my case, most of the chars I would love to perfom in kig are from the same game which is Elsword. As for the others, they are May and Bridget from Guilty Gear and Lord Boros.
      Kigs I want/Planning to do:
      Karis (elsword), Aegiomon/Aegiochusmon(Digimon), Miu (Dears), Ran Yakumo(Koumajou Densetsu) & Remilia Scarlet (Koumajou Densetsu)
      Well, I already know I want multiple kigs, it's just deciding who I want to become. I've found cosplay almost as a means of escape, a superpower I possess to become whoever I want to be that way. Say I'm feeling bratty, I can become Tinkerbell, a bratty little full of herself fairy that can stop her foot, throw a tantrum, and get what she wants. If I want to be beautiful, I can become whoever I find beautiful. It's an interesting way to look at things, and since I only stream in cosplay and I stream 3-5 days a week, it allows me to be whoever I want to be on a regular basis. It's also allowed me to understand myself a lot better. I suppose when the first kigarumi I saw was a beautiful Hatsune Miku that people were adoring, it became another character I wanted to embody. The fact that a fictional person can move so many people, and bring so many people together to see her in concert... Man.. She is pretty real. Haha. I just wanted to be her, even if it's only sometimes. ^^
      For me, i just wanted to try kig, without that much thought "who" i want to be.
      So i looked around (since i need a kig i can fit my glasses into too) and GKO seemed like a really good choice.
      Then i put together sometime i really liked and wouldn't hinder my plans down the kig road :D
      I especially did not pick a character that is established because i wanted to be myself, but different, not someone else :)
      It seems to me that there is a logical progression, from cosplaying as a character, to Kig performing that character. You eventually get bored of doing the cosplay and want to take your game up a notch, You already have the costume and props, a not insignificant expense. Adding a mask and Zentai brings you one step closer to looking like your character, just morphed from 2D to 3D.

Adding the mask also provides anonymity which wipes the slate clean. No longer will your friends react to you, like "Hey this is you in a costume" They are forced to react and interact with the character itself.

Miss Kiki

Miss Kiki wrote:

It seems to me that there is a logical progression, from cosplaying as a character, to Kig performing that character. You eventually get bored of doing the cosplay and want to take your game up a notch, You already have the costume and props, a not insignificant expense. Adding a mask and Zentai brings you one step closer to looking like your character, just morphed from 2D to 3D.

Adding the mask also provides anonymity which wipes the slate clean. No longer will your friends react to you, like "Hey this is you in a costume" They are forced to react and interact with the character itself.

Miss Kiki

This explains perfectly why I was drawn to kig. As a cosplayer you want to try and prefect the look of a character.... My friend explained to me that kig was just "full body cosplay." once I understood that, I was able to look at it from all perspectives. If one wants to physical become a character, a mask and Zentai is a very good way to do so.