First time in public thoughts and improvements.

First time in public thoughts and improvements.

So I had my first kig outing on Halloween and got mixed reactions. The younger kids and their parents seemed to like me but it was some of the older ones seemed to react kind of negatively. It was mostly notions about being creepy or just seeming slightly uncomfortable. I also got a bit of what I like to call "Mascot Reaction" where you meet a character you like but are nervous to approach like what happens at theme parks. I wasn't really doing much other than handing out candy as trick or treaters came to my house with maybe a wave as the leave. Is there any way I can improve? ?(
      As I showed my frinds some pictures of Kigurumi the reactions were the same. Some of them found it scary others liked it. Especally the one who likes Furry wasn´t uncomfortable at all. I think it realy depands on the people and the context. If people see a kig for the first time they maybe wondering what it is. but when youre in a groupe of Kigs People maybe understand it´s a bigger thing and feel more comfortable. I wondering why noone else replyed to this Question. Someone whith more experience should do this not me. I only have Theory.

NekoKig wrote:

I wondering why noone else replyed to this Question. Someone whith more experience should do this not me. I only have Theory.

I haven't gotten around to it perhaps?
      Been doing this for a few years now, reactions are mixed. 80% positive, 15% false positive and the remainder are out and out freak outs. That last 5% are for the most part loud boys in groups which I ignore since they are never in cosplay. The false positives are people (most) who kinda think it is cool but have have reservations for whatever reasons. The majority of positive reactions (and voice them) are females.

All I can really say is kigurumi is doing something right because we tend to get the market share of photos and sometimes we do have a difficult time moving because of all the people wanting photos.