has anyone gotten a mask from kigcos / wyu kig?

has anyone gotten a mask from kigcos / wyu kig?

I've been looking to get into kigurumi and I have decided to get something very high tier for a mask and I love the look of the ones from kigcos.com . I was wondering if anyone has gotten a mask from them and can tell me that they are worth the price. I love seeing the mouth controlled blinking and it makes me want to get it plus having a fully closed and locking mask would be great for me.
      The 2B mask is literally the model taken from the game and 3D printed (aka prone to warping, cheap material), not worth that high price tag for a mass-manufactured mask as you easily could get that done at any 3D print service using the same 3D model. Also, most makers offer full-lock masks nowadays so it isn't anything special and even Maniajuns offers blinking eyes.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “kaori1531” ().

kaori1531 wrote:

The 2B mask is literally the model taken from the game and 3D printed (aka prone to warping, cheap material), not worth that high price tag for a mass-manufactured mask as you easily could get that done at any 3D print service using the same 3D model. Also, most makers offer full-lock masks nowadays so it isn't anything special and even Maniajuns offers blinking eyes.

As someone who owns the mask and the game, I'm fairly sure it's not the model ripped from the game. And if you used the model from the game there would be a lot of work adjusting it, you'd have to give it thickness and build the interior of the mask, you'd have to resize and scale it to fit proportionally onto a head with eyeholes where the wearers eyes would be. I don't think it's quite as simple as just sending the file from the game to someone with a 3D printer. And the mask is not just 3D printed plastic, I'm not sure of the exact process but I assume it's coated with resin. It's fairly thick and solid, I don't think it could warp easily. And obviously it's fully painted and comes with a custom made wig. Really I think you're undervaluing the work that all mask makers do. When you buy a mask you aren't just paying for the raw materials, you are paying for the time and skills of the maker.

Poke wrote:

As someone who owns the mask and the game, I'm fairly sure it's not the model ripped from the game. And if you used the model from the game there would be a lot of work adjusting it, you'd have to give it thickness and build the interior of the mask, you'd have to resize and scale it to fit proportionally onto a head with eyeholes where the wearers eyes would be.

I'm pretty sure it's the model of the game because another maker (Mayumi, taiwanese kig maker) 3d printed the game model and it looks identical to Wyu's while only costing ~300USD for exactly the same mask with hard hair:

Poke wrote:

I don't think it's quite as simple as just sending the file from the game to someone with a 3D printer.

But that's exactly what Wyu does? Wyu even asked people before to send him game models, for turning into masks, when someone asked him if he could do a certain character as commission.

Poke wrote:

And the mask is not just 3D printed plastic, I'm not sure of the exact process but I assume it's coated with resin. It's fairly thick and solid, I don't think it could warp easily. And obviously it's fully painted and comes with a custom made wig. Really I think you're undervaluing the work that all mask makers do. When you buy a mask you aren't just paying for the raw materials, you are paying for the time and skills of the maker.

It's simply not worth that much money for a mass-manufactured mask when you can get full-custom commissions from plenty of other makers for 800USD upwards. Even resin coated the PLA will warp on the inside which will result in internal cracking damage sooner or later due to the material strenght difference between the PLA and the coating, just speaking from experience as someone working in 3D printing. There is no skill needed to 3D print a premade model that plenty of other makers can also use, and adjusting a premade 3D model into a mask is only a matter of few minutes with removing unneccessary model parts, only a single click needed for each removal.

Post was edited 15 times, last by “kaori1531” ().

kaori1531 wrote:

do you have any recommendations for fully enclosed masks with the slightly more realistic style then? I would prefer to spend less than what wyu is charging.

kaori1531 wrote:

AtagoKig wrote:

do you have any recommendations for fully enclosed masks with the slightly more realistic style then? I would prefer to spend less than what wyu is charging.

Maniajuns (their NANA line) and GKO (their doll line) would do semi-realistic masks with locks.

Didn't Ayame store make enclosed? I saw few kigers own it from Ayame Store have enclosed. I'm confused.

Ren wrote:

kaori1531 wrote:

AtagoKig wrote:

do
      you have any recommendations for fully enclosed masks with the slightly
      more realistic style then? I would prefer to spend less than what wyu
      is charging.

Maniajuns (their NANA line) and GKO (their doll line) would do semi-realistic masks with locks.

Didn't Ayame store make enclosed? I saw few kigers own it from Ayame Store have enclosed. I'm confused.

Read his post again, Ayame doesn't do realistic style masks but anime (and doesn't offer their lock option for overseas customers anyways).

Post was edited 5 times, last by “kaori1531” ().

kaori1531 wrote:

Ren wrote:

kaori1531 wrote:

AtagoKig wrote:

do
      you have any recommendations for fully enclosed masks with the slightly
      more realistic style then? I would prefer to spend less than what wyu
      is charging.

Read his post again, Ayame doesn't do realistic style masks but anime (and doesn't offer their lock option for overseas customers anyways).

Oh that's shame. Thanks.

kaori1531 wrote:

Poke wrote:

As someone who owns the mask and the game, I'm fairly sure it's not the model ripped from the game. And if you used the model from the game there would be a lot of work adjusting it, you'd have to give it thickness and build the interior of the mask, you'd have to resize and scale it to fit proportionally onto a head with eyeholes where the wearers eyes would be.

I'm pretty sure it's the model of the game because another maker (Mayumi, taiwanese kig maker) 3d printed the game model and it looks identical to Wyu's while only costing ~300USD for exactly the same mask with hard hair:

Poke wrote:

I don't think it's quite as simple as just sending the file from the game to someone with a 3D printer.

But that's exactly what Wyu does? Wyu even asked people before to send him game models, for turning into masks, when someone asked him if he could do a certain character as commission.

Poke wrote:

And the mask is not just 3D printed plastic, I'm not sure of the exact process but I assume it's coated with resin. It's fairly thick and solid, I don't think it could warp easily. And obviously it's fully painted and comes with a custom made wig. Really I think you're undervaluing the work that all mask makers do. When you buy a mask you aren't just paying for the raw materials, you are paying for the time and skills of the maker.

It's simply not worth that much money for a mass-manufactured mask when you can get full-custom commissions from plenty of other makers for 800USD upwards. Even resin coated the PLA will warp on the inside which will result in internal cracking damage sooner or later due to the material strenght difference between the PLA and the coating, just speaking from experience as someone working in 3D printing. There is no skill needed to 3D print a premade model that plenty of other makers can also use, and adjusting a premade 3D model into a mask is only a matter of few minutes with removing unneccessary model parts, only a single click needed for each removal.

Do you have a link to the maker of that 2b mask with hard hair? Thats definitely a good deal for a hard hair mask and im interested
      I have a couple masks from Wyu, a black Saya, and a black 2B. I cannot really complain about anything in the order process.

The black Saya has been through some of the most crazy stuff one can imagine, as I've worn it multiple times to renaissance faires, medieval faires, acting gigs, churches, on dates, in nightclubs, and at a movie theater, and it has held up well to all of that.