Female Mask

Female Mask

Female mask grow popular along hobby out there. I seen there few cosplayer used with female mask for example this video:

I would like to post the topic for everyone share their opinion here. We can discussion here.

So what are you thinking about female mask? How are they different from kigurumi? Are you okay if female maskers join along kiggers as equals?

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Ren” ().

So what are you thinking about female mask?

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.
      How are they different from kigurumi?

Should be pretty obvious, considering that kigurumi refers to hard anime cosplay masks.
      Are you okay if female maskers join along kiggers as equals?

I really wouldn't want that, just considering that femmasks are banned from most conventions due to being fetish gear, and kigurumi already has a bad reputation due to all the fetishists among the community. The least thing I want is for kig to get banned from cons too due to being seen as the same thing as femmask.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “menhera-chan” ().

Ren wrote:

Female mask grow popular along hobby out there. I seen there few cosplayer used with female mask for example this video:

I would like to post the topic for everyone share their opinion here. We can discussion here.

So what are you thinking about female mask? How are they different from kigurumi? Are you okay if female maskers join along kiggers as equals?

Hey @Ren great question.
      Female masks are fine if you're wanting to experiment with them, some people really like wearing them.
      Female masks are typically composed of soft materials like latex or silicone. The higher priced masks being silicone for the most part.
      This makes them stand out from kigurumi shells because of a tighter fit the the face. Kigurumi shells are just that, shells composed of various hard or semi-hard materials.
      Personally I have no issues with kigurumi mixing with maskers and I think it is up to the individual's own beliefs to mix with maskers or not.
      I don't see an equation specifying if kigurumi or maskers are equals or not, stating they aren't is fairly divisive don't you think?

As far as maskers being banned for conventions? We've never had issues with them attending Anime North or any other anime or comic-con conventions here is the west.

cici wrote:

As far as maskers being banned for conventions? We've never had issues with them attending Anime North or any other anime or comic-con conventions here is the west.

Seems like you haven't been to most of Europe and Asia then, femmasks got banned from most places ages ago because of people attending with their gag-type masks and very obvious fetish outfits (visible crotch zipper and the like), similar reason as for why murrsuits are banned; the majority of anime cons aren't R18 after all, and supposed to stay child-friendly.

Post was edited 5 times, last by “menhera-chan” ().

menhera-chan wrote:

cici wrote:

Seems like you haven't been to most of Europe and Asia then, femmasks got banned from most places ages ago because of people attending with their gag-type masks and very obvious fetish outfits (visible crotch zipper and the like), similar reason as for why murrsuits are banned; the majority of anime cons aren't R18 after all, and supposed to stay child-friendly.

Easy to say
      Would love to see the convention regulations stating that.

cici wrote:

Easy to say
      Would love to see the convention regulations stating that.

Make yourself a good example first, show me a convention regulation that states that fetish gear, which femmasks fall under different to regular fx masks (hence all femmask shops having an adult content warning), is allowed to be worn at conventions. Why should it even be allowed to begin with, fetish gear being worn at public events violates public indecency laws in general.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “menhera-chan” ().

cici wrote:

Once again you are gaslighting to be right. I asked for proof and it seems you are unable to give such proof meaning you're making it all up and distracting from the original poster topic.

Not really, I can list examples different to you.

FWA:
      "Anyone found violating the PG-13 rating – unnecessarily revealing clothing or behavior, openly displaying inappropriate artwork, etc – will be issued a warning and have their con badge marked. If the behavior persists, the badge will be confiscated and the person asked not to participate in any further convention activities. Blatant disregard for the policies may result in immediate expulsion from the convention. Any behavior or item that is illegal under Federal, State or Local guidelines will not be permitted in public at Furry Weekend Atlanta."

Momocon:
      MomoCon, the Japanese animation, gaming, comic, and costuming
      convention that this site is in reference to, is intended to be an all-ages event.
      MomoCon boasts numerous events and showings that people of all ages
      would enjoy, including a costume contest, showings of Japanese
      animation, speakers from various companies and fan groups, art contests,
      a room of vendors selling many different kinds of wares, professional
      martial arts demonstrations, and many other features.

Parents are encouraged to bring children, and not worry about excessively adult material. MomoCon takes many steps to ensure that the events at the convention are appropriate for most age groups, such as requiring that Dealers and Artists not sell adult material, and the complete absence of ANY kind of 18+ material. All panels with a language advisory are labeled in the program booklet and on-site.

Etc.

Femmasks aren't PG-13 with being fetish gear, else the sites selling them wouldn't need the adult content warning to begin with.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “menhera-chan” ().

I have worn female masks many times over the last twenty years... at anime cons, furry cons, horror cons, sci-fi cons; and I have never had my badge "marked" or asked to leave. They only time it ever happened was at a shopping mall, private space not a convention. The mask by itself is NOT fetish gear, it becomes fetish gear according to how it is used. The exact same potential for abuse exists with kig masks and fursuits, it's all in how it is worn and used. As for kig and female mask being equal, you can generate enough hatred with that to destroy whole planets! There are many kigs who have no tolerance at all for female masking even though that is how the earliest kigs in the western world got their introduction about 20 years ago, they discovered them through "doll house" and other Japanese sites and adopted them into their own masking. BTW, the first kig mask I ever saw "live" was at a sci-fi con in May, 2003, she was a female masker and I was her handler for the day, it may have been the first public "Kigging" in the US.

By the way Ren, Kiki asked me to contact you and I will be doing so once I have gathered some info for you.
      Files
      • Dsc03190.jpg

(654.67 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
      Jovinamask!

cici wrote:

the article is used as an incorporated part of a costume aa to not
      embellish your interpretation of said article then it falls within the
      guidelines.

That's not how it works, else anyone could just walk around with mature content, and claim it's "part of the costume". If an item requires you to be 18+ in order to view it, it's not suitable to be worn at a convention that is not labeled as nsfw, just like how most cons also have banned ahegao shirts for the very same reason despite them not depicting anything but faces.

jovinamask wrote:

I have worn female masks many times over the last twenty years... at anime cons, furry cons, horror cons, sci-fi cons; and I have never had my badge "marked" or asked to leave. They only time it ever happened was at a shopping mall, private space not a convention. The mask by itself is NOT fetish gear, it becomes fetish gear according to how it is used.

I am not talking about just "any" female masks but femmasks such as shown in the intro post's video, which are literal fetish gear, and not just masks that have a female appearance. The video in the opening post is the advertisment for a fetish mask with breathing tube and gag, and the YouTube account itself belongs to a sex shop. If the original poster wants to talk about masks with female appearance in general, a different video would have been a better choice.

Post was edited 4 times, last by “menhera-chan” ().

[quote='menhera-chan',I am not talking about just "any" female masks but femmasks such as shown in the intro post's video, which are literal fetish gear, and not just masks that have a female appearance. The video in the opening post is the advertisment for a fetish mask with breathing tube and gag, and the YouTube account itself belongs to a sex shop. If the original poster wants to talk about masks with female appearance in general, a different video would have been a better choice.
      [/quote]

You misunderstand the topic. The video is for reference. I'm not talking about YT account or sex shop. The topic is about any cosplayer use any female masks on anywhere conventions.

Ren wrote:

You misunderstand the topic. The video is for reference. I'm not talking about YT account or sex shop. The topic is about any cosplayer use any female masks on anywhere conventions.

Not sure whether you are aware, but on an international level the english term "female mask", or "femmask" in short, specifically refers to the fetish and gear for turning into a sex doll, and not "a mask that looks female" (guess why all the Google search results for it are being nsfw), therefore using the ad of a sex shop as example doesn't help giving off the impression that you aren't talking about something nsfw.

Post was edited 7 times, last by “menhera-chan” ().