Have any of you been discouraged by doing a kig of a character because someone else has already done it?

Have any of you been discouraged by doing a kig of a character because someone else has already done it?

Hi, The title says all.
      I don't have a kig yet but I am planning to. Each time I see someone in a kig of a character, I kinda get dissapointed.

DO any of you feel the same way or not and why?
      It's all personal preference.
      When I first started out I just chose the character I wanted.
      Same when I created Hatsune Miku. For me it's the more the merrier as you might know there are plenty of Miku Kigurumi out there.
      It's what you bring to the plate @M-Drago and it's your personal choice and no one else's.

Whoever you choose, be the character and don't worry about what others do or think.
      I've seen too many out there being discouraged because someone else from another country on the other side of the planet beat them to the character.

You know if cosplay was like this and you wanted to be an Iron Man but someone beat you to it why would you be discouraged?
      How many Iron Man cosplays are there out there? Or Wonder Woman or.......????

But, of course, that's my opinion and others have different ones. So what it again really comes down to is who "YOU" want to be.