A few questions about Kigu Stuff.

A few questions about Kigu Stuff.

So when I was looking up pictures of Kigurumi Cosplayers, I've seen a few people who look like they're not wearing a skinsuit but at the same time I can't really tell. So, I have a few questions.

1. Are skinsuits mandatory when you wanna try doing Kigurumi Cosplay? Or can you just not wear them?

2. How do people see out of the eye holes? Are they like how fursuit heads are and have like mesh covering the eyes so people can see out of them? I also saw some peopel mention that you can put slits in the eye part of the mask. How big would the slits have to be exactly?

3. Is talking while wearing it still not allowed? I know you're not supposed to cause you're kinna supposed to be anime and doll-like but I'm still kinna curious.

4. I saw someone on Insta who like, somehow made a tiny hole in the mouth part of her Kigu Mask to drink stuff more easily without ruining the illusion.

Uhhh, this question might be super silly but I'm kinna curious. Since Kigu masks are just as expensive as BJDs, if you bought an Anime Style BJD could someone use them as a weird Kigu cosplay replacement since all you'd have to do is buy them clothes and you can change their hair and eyes out?

Also, have people ever I unno roleplayed on forums or messengers with their friends as their Kigu Character or does that defeat the purpose of even being a Kigu Cosplayer to begin with since you're kinna not, physically in the costume and the character kinna talks with typed dialogue and stuff?

I think there was more questions I was gonna ask but I kinna forgot what they were now.

Oh and another question that might be silly, why are they called Kigurumis if Kigurumis are like animal Pajama hoodies in Japan? I've also seen it be called Animegao? Is there a better word for this that you guys prefer or, is Kigurumi just good enough?

Desphiria wrote:

So when I was looking up pictures of Kigurumi Cosplayers, I've seen a few people who look like they're not wearing a skinsuit but at the same time I can't really tell. So, I have a few questions.

1. Are skinsuits mandatory when you wanna try doing Kigurumi Cosplay? Or can you just not wear them?
      They aren't mandatory but complete the look. Completely up to the user.

2. How do people see out of the eye holes? Are they like how fursuit heads are and have like mesh covering the eyes so people can see out of them? I also saw some peopel mention that you can put slits in the eye part of the mask. How big would the slits have to be exactly?
      Viewing ports can be located in the yes and/or eye lids. Slits vary in size according the the size of the eyes and/or lid ports

3. Is talking while wearing it still not allowed? I know you're not supposed to cause you're kinna supposed to be anime and doll-like but I'm still kinna curious.
      There are no real "rules" that pertain to talking. However, talking is not something that is well accepted in most kigurumi circles.

4. I saw someone on Insta who like, somehow made a tiny hole in the mouth part of her Kigu Mask to drink stuff more easily without ruining the illusion.
      Some masks can be modified for using straws to drink. There really isn't a break in the illusion.

Uhhh, this question might be super silly but I'm kinna curious. Since Kigu masks are just as expensive as BJDs, if you bought an Anime Style BJD could someone use them as a weird Kigu cosplay replacement since all you'd have to do is buy them clothes and you can change their hair and eyes out?
      There are no issues with BLD types as a replacement. The changing of hair and eyes depends on the how the hair and eyes are installed in the mask itself. (consult your maker)

Also, have people ever I unno roleplayed on forums or messengers with their friends as their Kigu Character or does that defeat the purpose of even being a Kigu Cosplayer to begin with since you're kinna not, physically in the costume and the character kinna talks with typed dialogue and stuff?
      People do that all the time.

I think there was more questions I was gonna ask but I kinna forgot what they were now.

Oh and another question that might be silly, why are they called Kigurumis if Kigurumis are like animal Pajama hoodies in Japan? I've also seen it be called Animegao? Is there a better word for this that you guys prefer or, is Kigurumi just good enough?
      Animegao Kigurumi is the correct terminology for what we do. The term Animegao was originally coined to differentiate from the PJ types.

Desphiria wrote:

Fursuits are also called "kigurumi" in Japan, it's basicly just an overall term for anything mascot.

P.S.: If you are looking for a decently priced bjd/dollfie style kig with many wig/eyes swap options, I would recommend Gurgle Love (she's also active on FB if you can't deal with Taobao yourself alone).