Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas

Giving a nod from Central Texas. I'm going to be doing a fairly unorthodox form of kig -- a character at a renaissance faire, in essence a kig fairy. I'm relatively new to this, although not to renaissance faires. I also have an idea in mind for a couple kigs for cons and other venues, but I have to get the money first. For the purists, the characters I'm doing are not really true kigurumi, as they are not anime per se, but more of a variant off of it.

I do know that once given cash, I will be keeping the mask makers in business.

As for the kig fairy, since it a jump to go from a normal renaissance character to a kig, I was planning to work in various magic tricks, but this next season is mainly focussing on body language, physicality, dealing with the 80-90 degree (30-35 degrees Celsius) Texas heat towards the end of the faire, and other things.

I do have other character plans. I like eiyuclub's work on Deviant Art, and have thought of doing a "robo-kig" when at other festivals. That or a high elf kig, styled around the Warhammer series.
      The other costume pieces are coming along. I definitely will have pictures of it, especially come after the end of the year when rehearsals start. Since this is a completely new character, I will be wearing full costume even on most dry runs just to get the feel for how the character moves and interacts, and how to arrange a schedule (as bathroom breaks in full kig is something I've not done before.)

Once the job and finance stuff settles down (am doing contract work, but may be brought on permanently next year), I definitely will be going for some fully enclosed masks. They take the art to a next level.

RushSignals21 wrote:

Greetings Scath01 im RushSignals21 im also live in central texas as well :3

Excellent. If you are up for lunch or something, let me know... My kig stuff got slowed down by real life events (not worth mentioning here, as they are not really relevant), but I am putting a lot of work into Scath, because kig performers at renaissance faires are unheard of. If I can get some things to fall into place, I'm also going to be looking to do some "kig translations" of fantasy characters when a patron at other renaissance faires.

This is new territory for me, and once I do get my mask for one character, I'm definitely going to have that as an avatar. I think there are not that many winged kigs out there either.

Long term, I'm planning to add street and stage magic.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “scath01” ().

scath01 wrote:

RushSignals21 wrote:

Greetings Scath01 im RushSignals21 im also live in central texas as well :3

Excellent. If you are up for lunch or something, let me know... My kig stuff got slowed down by real life events (not worth mentioning here, as they are not really relevant), but I am putting a lot of work into Scath, because kig performers at renaissance faires are unheard of. If I can get some things to fall into place, I'm also going to be looking to do some "kig translations" of fantasy characters when a patron at other renaissance faires.

This is new territory for me, and once I do get my mask for one character, I'm definitely going to have that as an avatar. I think there are not that many winged kigs out there either.

Long term, I'm planning to add street and stage magic.

Sorry for the late reply i may needed to get back to ya later when your online.....
      Safety First Always, Think Safety, Work Safely, Be Serious About Safety, Have A Safe Trip....

facebook.com/VocaloidWorld2112

youtube.com/watch?v=yerPvDiZ5U…fI2KXCaJ880jKW3iw&index=3