What do you use for keeping your Zentai Clean ^-^

      What do you use for keeping your Zentai Clean ^-^

      Its bound to happen eventually.....a wonderful newcomer will join the fun kigurumi ranks and will come across the fork in the road of what to do to clean there zentai from the dreaded black hand (dun dun duuuunnnnn)...Just felt that starting it would be a good thing and let it build so that all the wonderful new comers when the time comes they wouldn't have to ask they can find the thread and see all the wonderful answers we provide ^^

      So I ASK YE!!! WHAT DO YE USE TO KEEP the evil black hand away from the wonderful kigurumi skin? :3
      "Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, you must think!"
      Great topic sis~ Edited 171120

      There are a number of products out on the market that are specifically made for washing Lycra based garments....
      I have tested quite a few and have cone to the conclusion the best, cheapest and most effective is Woolite. We use regular laundry detergent now
      I get the type made just for elastic or Lycra based clothing. Just bought a new bottle yesterday in fact at Walmart of all places.
      As a side note to this thread is the type and zentai you own. All the ones I possess now are factory dyed.
      Not colored in someone's bathtub. The colors are true, do no run, they resist fading.

      Very important for newcomers to know, as there are some makers that still use the hobby method of dying at there home and calling the product a professional job.
      What I think we will do is post a list of companies world wide the manufacture quality products for those who are interested.
      I'll have it attached to the
      Maker's List.

      OK, now down to the cleaning part of the post.
      I use a bag to clean my hadatai in (make sure everything is zipped). These are also available in many stores worldwide and protect the suit from damage while washing them.
      I also use my washing machine, set on delicate and cold water.
      I used to hand wash the suits but always had black hand and foot as a result of the washing not being thorough enough.
      Once the washer has gone through it's cycles I remove the suits from the bag and hang them to dry.. Never Ever through them in a dryer.
      This breaks down the elastic in the material giving you a baggy suit. X(

      All simple stuff but there are few places on the web that explains this.
      Here ya go, used to wash yer, ermn..... delicates........'>>.....

      More explicit instructions not only for zentai but costumes as well........

      Oh...... and this is a product Cecilia recommends for ridding yourself of the dreaded Black Hand (dug up from the murky murk).....;).........



      forevernew.com/products/ocacion.html

      facebook.com/forevernewinternational
      Try knowing a few heteronorms. They'll broaden your horizons without a lot of drama. It's great, try it....'>......

      lzzrdgrrl wrote:

      Here ya go, used to wash yer, ermn..... delicates........'>>.....

      More explicit instructions not only for zentai but costumes as well........

      Oh...... and this is a product Cecilia recommends for ridding yourself of the dreaded Black Hand (dug up from the murky murk).....;).........



      forevernew.com/products/ocacion.html

      facebook.com/forevernewinternational


      aye i use the same thing you showed in the picture...it works but like cici said it's good but not totally good i'll probably try her method next but will also keep trying the item in the pic.
      "Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, you must think!"
      I used to recommend Ovacion, it is a great product indeed but not that easy of a product to be found. This is why I've switched over to a more domestic solution ^^
      I do however miss the great smell a clean zentai was like using the product~
      For 17 bucks a bottle I could get a gallon of the domestic brand and yes it isn't a "green" product I'd rather save my sheckles for new cosplay/////
      Do people outside of America also use Ovacion or Woolite? Because they seem to be much more expensive in Germany. Walmart sells Woolite Extra Delicates Care for $5.50, but on Amazon the exact same product costs more than 17 euros. And Ovacion costs almost 24 euros. I found "Woolite Wolle & Feines Feinwaschmittel" for 4 euros in dm, but not Woolite Extra Delicates Care. Has anybody tried that one or do you have a better alternative like the ones here waschmaschinen-test.eu/feinwaschmittel-test#vergleich ?
      Bump because I can't source a reasonable alternative in Europe. A 16 oz bottle of Ovacion or Woolite Delicate costs 45€ because it's just not sold here...
      Paging the community: What do you use to keep your zentai/hadatai clean and fight black hand syndrome?
      Do yourself a favor and get off this forsaken forum like I did. There's too much outdated information here and not enough people that actually know what they're doing. This is NOT the place to become a good kig.

      If you're still looking for advice give this Discord a chance: discord.gg/RHw3YE
      It has over a hundred kigs and many active and experienced members that will gladly answer your questions in realtime.

      Intriguing Awoo wrote:

      Bump because I can't source a reasonable alternative in Europe. A 16 oz bottle of Ovacion or Woolite Delicate costs 45€ because it's just not sold here...
      Paging the community: What do you use to keep your zentai/hadatai clean and fight black hand syndrome?



      That's a good question.
      I would search for a detergent that has been developed for lycra and or delicates.
      A good source may be a local dance store supplier or even contact a dance studio in your local. Leotards are made primarily of lycra.

      For blackhand presoak the affected area with the cleaning agent you use to clean the hadatai with overnight.

      cici wrote:

      Intriguing Awoo wrote:

      Bump because I can't source a reasonable alternative in Europe. A 16 oz bottle of Ovacion or Woolite Delicate costs 45€ because it's just not sold here...
      Paging the community: What do you use to keep your zentai/hadatai clean and fight black hand syndrome?



      That's a good question.
      I would search for a detergent that has been developed for lycra and or delicates.
      A good source may be a local dance store supplier or even contact a dance studio in your local. Leotards are made primarily of lycra.

      For blackhand presoak the affected area with the cleaning agent you use to clean the hadatai with overnight.


      Usually soaking for a long time isn't something you want to do with delicate clothing - I assume it's important you only soak the really important bits and keep the rest dry?
      Do yourself a favor and get off this forsaken forum like I did. There's too much outdated information here and not enough people that actually know what they're doing. This is NOT the place to become a good kig.

      If you're still looking for advice give this Discord a chance: discord.gg/RHw3YE
      It has over a hundred kigs and many active and experienced members that will gladly answer your questions in realtime.
      Ivory bar soap bar for cleaning blackened hands. either rub it directly on the fabric under running water or in the case of Hadatai put the gloves on and wash your hands with the bar soap like you would wash your own hands. You could do the same for your feet too but I usually wear slippers so my feet don't really get all that dirty.

      As far as the rest of the suit you can use Woolite or something similar used for delicate clothing. Soaking probably won't do any real damage since the fibres are plastic (natural fibres, like silks, I would be more concerned about). No bleaches and cool water. If you are really concerned about it (or in some cases very specific requirements from certain hadatai makers) use distilled water to make sure there is no added chlorine from municipal water treatment plants that could cause colour fading.

      Most of the time I just toss my hadatai zipped up inside out into a good quality laundry bag and toss it in the washing machine with other hadatai and my foundation garments and run it on the delicate cycle.