How I got interested in kigurumi cosplay

How I got interested in kigurumi cosplay

How I got interested in kigurumi cosplay was I saw this website kigurumi cosplay.com and I am a anime fan I started to watch anime in 1995 when sailor moon came out I have seen other anime dragon ball z school rumble saber marionette j Ranma half and magic knights rayearth the latest anime I have seen is the new pretty guardian sailor moon crystal it's way dif
      Hope I'm not derailing too badly, even though this thread is a few months old... but what interests me about kigging is the challenge aspect. I mentioned this in a few other posts, but it is arguably one of the hardest acting styles, since unlike pantomime, the actor has to rely 100% on body language, no facial expressions whatsoever.
      Discovered it at random via youtube i think. One of those nights where i just went out on a tangent and somehow ended up at a kigurumi video haha :P . Probably a video with a Miku kig like 3 and a half years ago. Since then I've always wanted to try a kig, but since i don't know of anyone who even knows about kigurumi I've sadly never been able to try it X/
      "hi" -Albert Einstein
      What got me interested was that I was asked to look around for children's cosplay outfits back in the summer of 2008 for someone and a few images appeared of adult-sized outfits. It was Wyu that kicked it all off for me.

I saw this to be an adult pastime born out of what some would dub as something usually only practiced by children, so I said to myself: why not? life's not all work and no "play" and you have to live the one life you have to the full.

I had to wait over 7 years before I could start the ball rolling, given how much gear and storage space animegao kigurumi requires. As I could not bear the thought of my own family catching sight of me in-costume in the house being they are always desperate to try and find just one way to fault me for it.

In the end, we all still retain some of the younger parts of ourselves for life.

Contrast wrote:

I can't help but respect your dedication. Many others would give up after nigh ten years of waiting. To stick with it until you achieve it is remarkable.

It may sound a painfully long time in the eyes of some, but I went through all that time saying to myself "my chance to do a true hobby will present itself sooner or later, but it will never be 'never'". :thumbup:

There is more to this story, but I won't be posting it here as I have no desire to bore others.
      I never had a real hobby except Piano, videogames and tennis on a semi-pro level, but nothing you'd just do with others or what I could do alone when I wanted to.
      I had seen kigurumi somewhere along the line, but had forgotten about it completely, because I wasn't very interested over "Wow, thats something". But then some years later I randomly searched for it again and somehow got hooked through various artworks and videos.
      Then 2 years ago I decided to try it, because as a student I have the time to try, and if it isn't for me, then well :D

But I love it. Its so much fun. I love all the people and meetups ^^

BritKig wrote:

What got me interested was that I was asked to look around for children's cosplay outfits back in the summer of 2008 for someone and a few images appeared of adult-sized outfits. It was Wyu that kicked it all off for me.

I saw this to be an adult pastime born out of what some would dub as something usually only practiced by children, so I said to myself: why not? life's not all work and no "play" and you have to live the one life you have to the full.

I had to wait over 7 years before I could start the ball rolling, given how much gear and storage space animegao kigurumi requires. As I could not bear the thought of my own family catching sight of me in-costume in the house being they are always desperate to try and find just one way to fault me for it.

In the end, we all still retain some of the younger parts of ourselves for life.

Really gotta respect your patience here. Now see me, I didn't bother waiting despite being in perhaps the worst possible position to attempt this sort of thing. I just decided to wing it :)
      Your signature here