Greetings from Singapore

Greetings from Singapore

Hi everyone!

And no, Singapore isn't in China.

In all seriousness, thanks for having me here. After years of being interested in kigurumi, I've finally reached a point of financial stability that will allow me to start kigging. I've been cosplaying for about three years or so at this point, and kigu always seemed like the ultimate step forward.

Once again, thanks for having me, and I look forward to being a part of this community! Maybe we might meet up, kigus from this Southeast Asian region. ^^

Selena zee wrote:

@clara.t for now no idea.....toying with the idea of a kig mask or a female mask maybe? Maybe gonna need ur guidance since im male?

@Selena zee -- Well I am no expert but I kigged in a convention with a borrowed mask and costume before. It was a original character, meaning no source anime to begin with. The experience was OKAY, not too good and not too bad. Didn't really had a handler was blind so yeah, I was 'lepaking' in one corner. Since it was my first time not really used to it. Well I think it is better to let nature take its course. Try, and maybe it will work. ;) Who knows?

clara.t wrote:

@weihan That would be fun. We could hang around Suntec City and confuse the aunties about whether or not our costumes are revealing and deserve screaming at!

@clara.t -- well it really depends on how we appear. If we do rowdy acts like going around with a parang knife >:), then probably GG. We would confirm get stomped. The aunties will just be like : "Wow kids nowadays so tryhard", or "Wow kids nowadays.". But then, no one is allowed to judge us unless we do some weird things. :'D The Important thing is to behave well in public and follow the kigurumi rules. That's all.

If you guys wanna keep contact with each other I'm fine. Just like the Singaporean and Malaysian youtubers, we can keep tabs on events and go together. Group together go better I think. :'D
      Stars connect with other stars~
      and a Constellation is formed~

Kigs connect with other kigs~~
      and bonds are formed~~~ ♥

weihan wrote:

Selena zee wrote:

@clara.t for now no idea.....toying with the idea of a kig mask or a female mask maybe? Maybe gonna need ur guidance since im male?

@Selena zee -- Well I am no expert but I kigged in a convention with a borrowed mask and costume before. It was a original character, meaning no source anime to begin with. The experience was OKAY, not too good and not too bad. Didn't really had a handler was blind so yeah, I was 'lepaking' in one corner. Since it was my first time not really used to it. Well I think it is better to let nature take its course. Try, and maybe it will work. ;) Who knows?

clara.t wrote:

@weihan That would be fun. We could hang around Suntec City and confuse the aunties about whether or not our costumes are revealing and deserve screaming at!

@clara.t -- well it really depends on how we appear. If we do rowdy acts like going around with a parang knife >:), then probably GG. We would confirm get stomped. The aunties will just be like : "Wow kids nowadays so tryhard", or "Wow kids nowadays.". But then, no one is allowed to judge us unless we do some weird things. :'D The Important thing is to behave well in public and follow the kigurumi rules. That's all.

If you guys wanna keep contact with each other I'm fine. Just like the Singaporean and Malaysian youtubers, we can keep tabs on events and go together. Group together go better I think. :'D

@weihan You make an excellent point. The Singaporean and Malaysian kigs should organize and do events together. But look out for me at Anime Festival Asia this year, I'll be the Homura trying not to die too much in her heels, first time kigging and all.

clara.t wrote:

weihan wrote:

Selena zee wrote:

clara.t wrote:

@weihan You make an excellent point. The Singaporean and Malaysian kigs should organize and do events together. But look out for me at Anime Festival Asia this year, I'll be the Homura trying not to die too much in her heels, first time kigging and all.

Wow the quote is so long... anyways you got a mask already? Anyways if you want you can pm me i will try to share my experience with my first kig and tips to take note for a Singaporean kig. Since climate is different. If you want you can add me on Facebook or if necessary i can share line or whatsapp. :'D

Hmm yeah. Haha anyways im gonna create a LINE or Whatsapp or Facebook group private for us since the number is increasing for SG/MY kigs.

So yeah do share your preference in communication platform.