​How do you hide your Corset Laces?

​How do you hide your Corset Laces?

I’ve been noticing that now I’m lacing my corsets tighter I’m ending up with a couple of fairly long lengths of loose lace when I come to tie the bow and that these often show under a zentai ?(

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to conceal these for a smoother look? As always any help is hugely appreciated ^^
      She's on the Stuff. She's in the Gunfight. Keep Smiling :D
      They might show under a zentai but usually not through clothing thats over that.

Is it just the bow that is showing through because of the larger knot or all the laces showing? If its just the excess you could try hiding them by something as simple as not using a bow and tidying them up with another method, but I'm sure you tried that already.
      I enjoy things

WingedIceCube wrote:

They might show under a zentai but usually not through clothing thats over that.

Is it just the bow that is showing through because of the larger knot or all the laces showing? If its just the excess you could try hiding them by something as simple as not using a bow and tidying them up with another method, but I'm sure you tried that already.

It's a bit of both really - If I just tie a bow at the back I end up with a big bow plus a couple of long lengths of lace hanging down I don’t know what to do with, but if I wrap the lengths of spare lace round my waist before I tie them off its neater but then I end up with a bit of a ridge round my middle.

Probably the easiest thing will be to just to conceal it under outer clothing and not wear anything too tight, but I was just interested to see if anyone had any neat solutions :)

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Randle_76” ().

Tuck the ends of the laces that hang below the corset back up and inside under the vanity panel.

... Or if you have a patient friend helping you, and you plan on spending a long time in the corset, have them weave the laces back in and under the cross lacing before tucking the ends back up the bottom and under the vanity panel.

Neko-Nico wrote:

Tuck the ends of the laces that hang below the corset back up and inside under the vanity panel.

... Or if you have a patient friend helping you, and you plan on spending a long time in the corset, have them weave the laces back in and under the cross lacing before tucking the ends back up the bottom and under the vanity panel.

Thanks - That's great ^^
      I feel kind of stupid now, but it honestly never occurred to me to try hiding them behind the modesty/vanity panel :D

Asuka Anderson wrote:

One thing I do, is wrapping the laces around my waist until they're a short enough to knot them in the back without hanging down. If you do that neat, no one will see them.
      The other thing, yes, is tucking them behind the vanity panel.
      Or, I love that too, wear the corset above your zentai and show all the laces. :)

Asuka
      <3

Yes a lot of corsets are too pretty to hide and make great outerwear ^^

lunaKig wrote:

And just out of curiosity, how does one do a laced corset up?

The proper way of lacing a corset,(Installing the lace.) is cris crossing from top to bottom, just like a shoe. I was taught, when you get to the middle of the corset, to drop a eyelet. ( In other words, you get to the waist of the corset, but instead of crossing the lace to the next eyelet on the other side, you feed the lace through the next eyelet below on the same side, on the outside of the corset. Then continue cris crossing the laces.) When you reach the bottom, let the excess lace hang, then Knot the two ends of the lace together.

Once done, you spread the laces, all the way down the corset, till all the excess lace is distributed in the cris crossing. Both sides of the corset should be roughly equal in spacing from top to bottom. If you have a privacy panel it should be in behind the laces.

The proper way of tightening a corset, is from top to middle, then bottom to middle. Wiggle into the corset, or snap the frogs in front closed. Grab those two parts of the lace where you dropped the eyelet, and gently begin to tighten the lace by pulling on them. Once all the slack is pulled out at the middle, begin tightening the corset by pulling on the individual points where the lace crosses. Any slack in the lace developed, is tightened up at the middle by continuing to keep tension on those two loops.

Work your way down from top to middle, then up from bottom to middle. If you have a convenient door knob to loop the middle loops over, you can use that to apply tension and take up the slack, as you tighten the lace. Repeat as required.

When you are done, make sure that you cross the two loops of lace at the waist, over each other, to keep the tension smooth. The loop on the left side comes around the back under your right arm, and the loop on the right side comes under your left arm. Depending on how much loop you have, the lace may be passed completely around your body, and tied in the back.

It helps if you have someone to assist you, but it can be done solo. If doing this yourself, you may just want to tie the laces in front.

Miss Kiki