Additional items for Kigurumi (3): Corsets

Additional items for Kigurumi (3): Corsets

Hi,

I'm prepaing my first order for a Kigurumi mask and all the other items that go along with it. I’m reading up quite a bit on this topic both in this forum and elsewhere (Thank you soo much for all the information you have provided in this forum!). I'm currently trying to get some order into my thoughts on how best to proceed regarding all the additional items. I've compiled an overview of the understanding that I got from the texts I've read so far. Please let me know where I suffer from misinterpretetions. Are there any important issues that I have overlooked? Moreover, I'd very much appreciate if you could help me with some of the open questions that I have added to my text.

This part is about corsets.
      • The corset is used to change the shape of the torso from a male to a female form. This change in shape requires a true corset with steel bone ribbons and not plastic ones. Fashion items that imitate a corset won't do the job.
      • The waist reduction is achieved by lacing. The lacing is best performed by a second person (which I won’t have available), but can also be achieved by the wearer of the corset himself.
      • There are different styles of corsets: The overbust corset covers the breasts, the underbust corset starts below the breasts, and the waist cincher starts below the rib cage. (definitions at least according to Wikipedia)
      • Corsets vary in how rounded their shape is. For a male, it is advisable to stay with the straighter designs to avoid undue pressure on the lower rib cage.
      • A longer corset is better at creating a reasonably feminine body shape, whereas the shorter corsets achieve a stronger waist reduction. Cici clearly suggests to use an overbust corset to mimic a female body instead of reducing the waist to a level that would be unreasonable for a normal female.

Questions:
      1. Do you buy your corsets online (based on specifications only), do you buy them in a shop after trying them on, or is it suitable to get a made-to-measure corset for optium fit?
      2. If you go for an overbust corset, how easy it is to work with breast forms? They would need to fit under the corset, wouldn’t they? This would exclude to use the breast pockets available for hadatais. Or am I totally wrong here?
      3. How easy is it to learn to tighten the lacing on your own corset? Is it really a feasible option to go for, or does it require a person that is particularly skillful with its hands?
      Questions:

1. Do you buy your corsets online (based on specifications only), do you buy them in a shop after trying them on, or is it suitable to get a made-to-measure corset for optimum fit?

Yes

2. If you go for an overbust corset, how easy it is to work with breast forms? They would need to fit under the corset, wouldn’t they? This would exclude to use the breast pockets available for hadatais. Or am I totally wrong here?

Yes you are wrong

How easy is it to learn to tighten the lacing on your own corset? Is it really a feasible option to go for, or does it require a person that is particularly skillful with its hands?

Practice with your doorknob
      My experience is pretty limited :) , but for what it’s worth…

1 - I’ve bought several corsets online without any problems – any decent site will have a measuring/sizing guide you can follow.

2 - In my case the cups of my over-bust corset fit against my real chest and the breast forms fit over the top of them.

3 - Tightening a corset isn’t as difficult as you might think and you should be able to do it yourself without any problems. It can seem complicated the first couple of times you try it, but I found once you’ve practiced a bit it becomes pretty easy (I can put a corset on and lace myself tight in about a minute now :D ). There are several helpful links in other threads to guides and videos related to corset wearing and how to lace that are worth checking out.
      She's on the Stuff. She's in the Gunfight. Keep Smiling :D

lunaKig wrote:

If I want the feminine figure, but I don't want the waist training for the feminine figure, how do I keep the waist shape and remain as a normal boy? I can't figure out the answer... (Headscratcher)

It is possible to do but honestly you will get a much better effect with shaping garments.
      You might want to have a look at some forums that address crossplaying.
      Going without shaping garments a low weight is a requirement. You have to use the illusions of clothing shape to get the effects you are after.
      For example a top with a skirt that puffs outward can make is look as though your hips are larger. Heels will make your butt and chest stick out more when you are standing.
      Belts and waist ties can give the illusion of a small waist as well.

This method has its weakness with clothing that covers less of your body because you simply can't hide your shape.

Either method takes some investment. It requires time and money either way.

Dark Falz wrote:

lunaKig wrote:

If I want the feminine figure, but I don't want the waist training for the feminine figure, how do I keep the waist shape and remain as a normal boy? I can't figure out the answer... (Headscratcher)

It is possible to do but honestly you will get a much better effect with shaping garments.
      You might want to have a look at some forums that address crossplaying.
      Going without shaping garments a low weight is a requirement. You have to use the illusions of clothing shape to get the effects you are after.
      For example a top with a skirt that puffs outward can make is look as though your hips are larger. Heels will make your butt and chest stick out more when you are standing.
      Belts and waist ties can give the illusion of a small waist as well.

This method has its weakness with clothing that covers less of your body because you simply can't hide your shape.

Either method takes some investment. It requires time and money either way.

Let's bump this topic as I have another insight to add.........

The reason why women tend towards an hourglass figure and men do not is that the gynecoid pelvis (female) takes a lower profile in the human frame. Men's hipbones come higher up in the torso, closer to the ribcage, defeating the catenary effect that creates a pleasing waistline. Women have more 'waist' than men, that's how that works........

I'll go with Dark Falz's implied suggestion that you will need both padding and waist compression to get the desired effect. Understand that if you measure across the crest of the hipbone, men and women are about the same. Women's hipbones lie 'flatter' than men's, are bowl-shaped and are wider at the bottom, where the femur fits to the ball socket. This facilitates birthing, but also for you how to make your own hip pads. They should be thickest from your upper thighs to your crotch line and disappear as they come up to your actual pelvic crest. This gives the visual effect of 'pulling' your hips down and making your apparent waist look longer. According to the reference*, making the pads too 'top heavy' is a common mistake. Now apply your corset and waist training with your more anatomically correct pads and you will come closer to achieving a smooth and convincing hourglass shape than you would've otherwise......'>..........

* From the 'Femulation' blogsite, if I recall. Can't be arsed to look it up.........
      Keep this in mind, in Hell the manager's name is Karen....'>......