Crossplaying Tips and Help. [ Mature Content ]

Crossplaying Tips and Help. [ Mature Content ]

[OK, I realise I've done these types of threads before but this one will cover all of those.]

Let's start:
      I started this thread post because I noticed an uprise in Crossplaying Kigurumi or Crossplaying in general. I figured we should move the other threads into one.

You can ask questions and we will try our hardest to answer.

How do the men here tuck for Kig? (Covered before, but still answer.)
      I just posted! ^^

Neko-Nico wrote:

if you don't like any of the answers so far then just cut it off...

oi, oi...... that's rather..... extreme, er maybe......XD...........

Here's a recent thread where we discuss some techniques:

How can I hide my...er...you know?

Tucking for Kig
      Try knowing a few heteronorms. They'll broaden your horizons without a lot of drama. It's great, try it....'>......
      Would (*with embarrassment) female's sanitary towels work? I've seen a number of people use these, especially using the really thick ones. It would be comfortable to wear and can hold any type of ' messy liquid ' that is produced during events (not saying you will do every time). Still I'll be too embarrassing to buy them and carry them home...
      I just posted! ^^
      Hi everyone,

This is totally unrelated, but does anyone have any suggestions about how to shop for women's clothing. I'm a guy, but I plan to cosplay as either peach, morrigan or Lucy Heartifila (all female). I also would want some casual clothes as well. I know that there could be some problems ordering online without the clothes being custom to my body (not correct sizing, that kinda stuff). This has been said before, but are there any tips on shopping for things like a bra as well?

Another question, if I do order my cosplay online, I would order it with the sizing with all the breast forms and padding right?

Thanks,
      Furry
      Hi Furry:

Well now, given your age and the probable disposable income you have, I ask the following.

Are there any thrift stores around where you live?

A thrift store is a great place to look for cheap clothing. You can guess at a size and if you get it wrong, not a lot of money is wasted. However if you get something that fits, and still has a size tag, you can look up the charts from major retailers like Sears

Getting a bra size right is a black art. Estimates say most women go around wearing the wrong size anyways. In some cases you need to consider the character that you are playing. Is she busty or flat chested? That will influence the cup size but not the size of the band.

And of course you will need to know what all your feminine measurements are, before you order a custom cosplay outfit. Is there someone that you would trust to take your boy measurements? That's always a place to start from

Kiki
      Build your body first before ordering anything cosplay related.
      Get it all together, then take measurements.

You aren't ready until you build your foundation and are comfortable with it. Trust me, I've
      blown a lot of dough trying to take short cuts.

For the substructure
      Amazon.com can be your best friend. They have all the gear including boobs!
      You will however need to make your hips and butt. Time to break out the scissors and exacto blades!!

Follow the pad making thread we put up a while ago and remember, they don't have to be perfect......
      Furry, feel free to ask as many questions as you want on this thread.

I read about a way to buy woman's clothing a while back and this might help.

(Lingerie, underwear):
      Method 1:
      Go to an underwear store as your kigurumi, and borrow some female clothes to wear if you have some. Pick out panties and bras and head to the change stalls. Find a good match and move on.

Method 2:
      Go to a both gender underwear store (where you can test wear them) as a male, and go get some of male underwear. Then head to the female sections and get bras and panties you want and find a couple that suit your size. Go to the changing rooms and try one panties until you feel comfortable. (You might actually get some panties and bras that are a bit bigger than you because of kigurumi padding)
      I just posted! ^^

lunaKig wrote:

Furry, feel free to ask as many questions as you want on this thread.

I read about a way to buy woman's clothing a while back and this might help.

(Lingerie, underwear):
      Method 1:
      Go to an underwear store as your kigurumi, and borrow some female clothes to wear if you have some. Pick out panties and bras and head to the change stalls. Find a good match and move on.

Method 2:
      Go to a both gender underwear store (where you can test wear them) as a male, and go get some of male underwear. Then head to the female sections and get bras and panties you want and find a couple that suit your size. Go to the changing rooms and try one panties until you feel comfortable. (You might actually get some panties and bras that are a bit bigger than you because of kigurumi padding)

Are you completely out of your mind????

For those reading the quoted reply here, please DO NOT follow this as a wise recommendation unless you want to end up in the local funnyfarm lockup. This is delusional!!

Please use some common sense. If you need to purchase things please please please do it on line. For those of you paranoid of the boxes arriving with messages all over them use Amazon.com. All parcels shipped are generic and are not labeled with any one store.
      Thank you Ms. Responsible Adult.........

Just so you know, few retail outfits offer real fitting rooms and do not encourage trial fittings. Some smaller specialty and fashion shops do, but you can run through their patience rather quickly if you don't know what you're doing. Wear and tear on clothing makes them used clothing and this hurts the bottom line. Please be sensitive about this.......

Surprisingly, it's not yet illegal to sell worn or returned intimate wear and jewelry though it's often against store policy to do so. My intuition is soon federal law will make this practice illegal so it's a moot point. Still, a sweaty, agitated person tangling brassiere straps from here 'til hell won't quit will get your ticket punched. Bull, meet china shop, the bottom line shudders.........

consumerreports.org/cro/2010/0…s-as-a-consumer/index.htm

Selling used knickers online is a different market, different objective. Rock on, if this works for you......'>........
      Try knowing a few heteronorms. They'll broaden your horizons without a lot of drama. It's great, try it....'>......
      Ok, OK, OK! Sorry if my post was unsanitary, unsettling whatever, but it wasn't my suggestion, I was just recalling something I read before..

But those of you who said buy online, the risk is that what you want might not fit.

I think the best solution is to go kig-form, go to a store and not try on the item but logically think and measure to kigu body scale (like put in front of body, stretch it a bit). Once you are happy buy your item... Or if its a piece of clothing (pants, shirts, jeans), you can probably try it on in a stall.
      I just posted! ^^