How do I select the right sized breast form for my physical size?

How do I select the right sized breast form for my physical size?

Since the Studio started offering true cleavage hadatai I've been asked by many what size forms would look right.

So many times I hear from newcomers. "I want to have modest sized breasts" so they order "C" sized forms and hate them because their mental vs actual physical body type are completely different (epic fail time )

The size of bust you want should be determined by factors such as body shape and size, type of cosplay you will be wearing for your character. For example, if you wish to ‘pass’ as realistically as possible as a woman then you should purchase breast forms which are proportionate to your actual body size. If you wish to mimic the character you've chosen the same applies.

Example here. Hatsune Miku has small breasts, so you would think I myself would use a "C" sized form. Incorrect! I use "E" size to fit my physical proportion. For me "E" = "C"

If you purchase breast forms too large for your frame then not only can you have difficulty finding clothing to fit you correctly, but you may also project a persona that you do not intend and even attract some un-wanted attention (however may not be a bad thing :P ). By taking the time to size yourself correctly, you will save yourself time and money.

The following are the easy steps to take to find the correct size of breast forms you need:
      • Measure for your bra band
      • Choose the correct breast form cup size for your body
      • Select the right shape breast forms
      Get these 3 easy steps right and you will not only get it right first time, but you will look and feel your feminine best when looking in a mirror. If you get the breast form size right for your body, it will give you a lot of confidence in your crossdresser self.

Measure your Bra Band:
      1. Take a regular tape measure and hold around your chest underneath the pectoral muscle – this is usually 2 to 3 inches below the nipple and where the regular band on a bra sits on the chest.

2. Hold the tape firm and ensure it is level all the way around to be certain of an accurate measure. If soft skin overlaps the tape you are holding it too tight though.

3. Mark the point at which the tape meets and if an odd number then size up to the next even number.

4. You measure, for example 34″. Add to this number 4 inches to calculate the accurate bra band measurement for yourself; in this case, 34″ + 4″ = 38″ bra band.

Choose your Cup Size:

This is where you determine how large your bust size will be/look. As a general guide:
      • B = small cup size
      • C = medium cup size
      • D = large cup size
      • DD = v. large cup size
      Whilst the majority of the studio's customers wish to be passable/in proportion, there are those (me) who do prefer to be ‘busty’. If striving for a passable look then choose no more than a C cup and indeed, if you are slim e.g. 170 lbs and less than 5′ 11″ we would suggest no more than a B cup to be in proportion. (Just remember the character you wish to portray)

Remember, you want to create a female shaped bust that not only fills out garments correctly but that it also helps minimize the effect of male looking shoulders. Just as breast forms that are too big will look strange, so will breast forms that are too small.

boob size 1 small.jpg boob size 2 small.jpg

Many kigurumi will have several pairs of breast forms in different sizes for wearing with different characters and for different occasions. For example, wearing daytime casual clothing will sometimes require a more conservative choice in your cup size. However, night time club wear and fun party occasions may give the opportunity to be bigger-busted and more over-the-top.

Just as cup size will affect the look you end up with so can the shape of the breast forms. For example, a rounded triangle shape will project 25 to 30% more than a teardrop or oval even in the same size. So too will the amount of concave there is on the back of forms. Do your research and make sure you find the correct breast forms to match the size your body needs.

On a side note here. RTPS suits will fit "B" through "H" sized forms. Personally myself I use weight and projection of the form sizes to determine which form to use for a particular character or cosplay. Miku will at times be wearing 1600g forms (default cosplay) but with abikini she'll be wearing 3000g forms.
      Hey Senpai, thank you, this is totally needed here!
      but I didn't get it veeery well :x
      I mean, I don't undertand how the measure help to know wich size would be good?
      I know, it deppends the character but there's a mid point and from this "If the character is busty I get more than this, if not, it's less" ?
      ( ^w^)/ hey~

Takami wrote:

Hey Senpai, thank you, this is totally needed here!
      but I didn't get it veeery well :x
      I mean, I don't undertand how the measure help to know wich size would be good?
      I know, it deppends the character but there's a mid point and from this "If the character is busty I get more than this, if not, it's less" ?

You actually did get it kouhai! What you'll need for these types of characters is a selection of forms. Cs, D's Gs and Hs
      The beauty of what we the kigurumi performer is, we can transform into any character. Chest size does not really matter, we can change that. I purpose I think for this thread was to give the beginner and helping hand to chose the proper equipment for their first time. I have heard too many time for the newcomers. " I just want to have a modest breast size" and them go out and purchase what they think is the correct size for them only to find out the form purchased are too small because of their physical stature. Hope that makes sense!
      Thanks again to cici for another excellent thread that paid off big time when I ordered by RTPS cleavage hadatai. Proportion is definitely key to the decision. For what it's worth, I went a little bigger than originally planned with my first forms because of my height, and I am not disappointed. :)