How to wash your RTPS hadatai

How to wash your RTPS hadatai

It has come to my attention many out there have never learned the basics in washing a hadatai.
      Since these items are as important as the mask itself, their upkeep is very important to maintain a new and fresh look.

First you'll need a laundry bag

washing bag.jpg

Some soap

and a washing machine set to cold water

gentle cycle.JPG

Delicate cycle needs to be set as well

Loosely stuff the hadatai into the laundry bag, place into the washer and close the door. Add the appropriate amount of soap and turn on the machine.

Remember Delicate or gentle cycle!!

After the machine has run it's cycle, remove the bag containing the hadatai. Remove the hadatai from the bag and place it on a "PLASTIC" hanger.

Hang it out to dry ( I hang mine outside in some shade )

Enjoy your clean hadatai!
      One thing that isn't mentioned in the original post is how to deal with that scourge of all kig performers: black hand syndrome!

After you wear your your hadatai for any significant length of time, unless you're extra careful to touch nothing with your hands (or unless you wear gloves) your hands will blacken.

This comes from accumulating dust and dirt, from touching some metal objects (notably, door knobs and door handles) and just from anything you might touch, really.

The best trick I know to take care of black hand involves cleaning the hands before you follow the steps in this thread's original post. Here's how you clean those black hands:
      1. Get a bar of Ivory soap. The white kind. The plainest variety -- no special additives, no special scents, just the original white soap bar.
      2. While you're in front of your bathroom sink, slip on your hadatai's gloves (no need to wear the whole thing, just the hands will do.)
      3. Now, thoroughly wet the hands under warm water (not too hot.)
      4. With the hands sill wet, grab the soap bar, and rub it all over the hands, making sure all the blackened areas are thoroughly soapy. Wash the gloves as though you're washing your own hands.
      5. Once the hands are thoroughly soaped up, and you've been rubbing them to really get the soap in, rinse the hands under running warm water.
      (credit goes to Neko Nico for telling me about this)

After rinsing, you should notice that much of the black has gone away. This might not get rid of all the black, but it should allow you to keep using your hadatai for a lot longer before the hands are no longer presentable due to remaining stained.

You don't even need to worry about thoroughly rinsing all the soap out of the hands (though it's good to get rid of most of it, as a lot of the black will go away with the soap) because you'll be throwing the hadatai into the laundry (as per the instructions above) soon after.

Now, this technique works for black hands, and it sometimes help for black feet, too, but stains left by colors running from clothes (especially dark clothes obtained cheaply from China) can't be addressed with this method. The best way to avoid that is to thoroughly soak those clothes in warm water, rinsing and wringing between soaks, until they leave the water clear and untinted. I learned this the hard way (I have multiple stained hadatai because of this.) Black and red are the worst colors, with regards to running and staining other clothes or your skin suit.