Quick Question

Quick Question

Hey Guys and Gals,
      Its long time no post and all. School and everything has been sorta a toss in the air right now. Which dose bring some good news. In the long while I have been here I have managed to save enough money for some Kigging. I will soon have a place with a bit more space and a bit more privacy. Which means I can start working on foam padding, which I have a feeling will be a lot of trial and error until I get the right sizes. So all and all that is some progress and I am thinking of getting the skinsuit next on the list.

The big question I need help with is should I take the skin suit, padding and some cash and divert it to cosplaying character that can utilize those elements but will certainly delay getting the mast I want or should I wait a bit longer until I can order a mask.

So, if I did divert some cash then I was thinking of doing Kawasaki Raimu (From BAKUON!! de.bakuon-anime.wikia.com/wiki/Kawasaki_Raimu) cosplay. The outfit pretty basic and the helmet will be a bit of shopping. There is not really a rush on this character considering the anime's popularity has pretty much passed already. So there is no harm in not doing her at all.

If I decide to stay the course, I would try and get other elements of the Kig ready. I still really want to do a Princess Peach Kig. So things like the dress would be next in line, then I would finally get the mask. This would also give me more time to perfect the padding (as well as other handmade elements) tailor made to the character rather than something in general.

The third possible option would be to save my money so I can get the mask and the skinsuit as a bundle and get everything else first. I don't know how viable that option is but I thought I would throw it out just to show I at least considered it.

Techy Gypsy wrote:

Hey Guys and Gals,
      Its long time no post and all. School and everything has been sorta a toss in the air right now. Which dose bring some good news. In the long while I have been here I have managed to save enough money for some Kigging. I will soon have a place with a bit more space and a bit more privacy. Which means I can start working on foam padding, which I have a feeling will be a lot of trial and error until I get the right sizes. So all and all that is some progress and I am thinking of getting the skinsuit next on the list.

The big question I need help with is should I take the skin suit, padding and some cash and divert it to cosplaying character that can utilize those elements but will certainly delay getting the mast I want or should I wait a bit longer until I can order a mask.

So, if I did divert some cash then I was thinking of doing Kawasaki Raimu (From BAKUON!! de.bakuon-anime.wikia.com/wiki/Kawasaki_Raimu) cosplay. The outfit pretty basic and the helmet will be a bit of shopping. There is not really a rush on this character considering the anime's popularity has pretty much passed already. So there is no harm in not doing her at all.

If I decide to stay the course, I would try and get other elements of the Kig ready. I still really want to do a Princess Peach Kig. So things like the dress would be next in line, then I would finally get the mask. This would also give me more time to perfect the padding (as well as other handmade elements) tailor made to the character rather than something in general.

The third possible option would be to save my money so I can get the mask and the skinsuit as a bundle and get everything else first. I don't know how viable that option is but I thought I would throw it out just to show I at least considered it.

Congratulations on getting some privacy TG. Private time and space is important in developing a game plan for your future endeavours into kig.

My recommendations as follows:
      1. Build your body. Padding, shape wear, breast forms and the foundation of your kigurumi. Before you start spending money on a skinsuit get that part done.There is plenty of content here on the site and the internet as a whole for tips on form construction and shapewear selection.
      2. Take measurements of your newly formed body head to toe. Get help if you need to, as this is important for ordering cosplay. Save those measurements on your hard drive.
      3. Save your money to purchase the goods. Hadatai; Your skin is important and your choice of hadatai (breastsuit) will depend on who you want to send your money to. Currently all suits outside of Japan that are made to measure come from one source. There are many resellers of these suits claiming them as their own when in truth, they are purchasing these suits from an outside source. Being a reseller myself all I can say is, it is up to you who you want to spend your money with and what the default options are from each reseller. Mask; Do more research, most makers of kigurumi have their own styles and processes. It is up to you to decide which style and process best suits your tastes. Cosplay; You've mentioned trial and error, having built your body first and taking proper measurements, obtaining cosplays shouldn't have as many errors.
      As far as bundled packages, again many studios offer these as options for first time kigurumi to purchase. All these bundled packages will have their own set of options. It is up to you the buyer to make that decision of which studio to spend your hard earned money with.
      Welcome back, TG! Best of luck with your kig pursuit now that you have a little privacy, space, and cash. I have been following cici's recommendations on building my foundation and they have served me very well as a beginner. I know this "work" will pay off when it's time for the fun part (cosplay, mask).