What to do when FB nukes your account

What to do when FB nukes your account

Recently I was nuked.....however the troll didn't think to mess with the Sister of the Great Devil King Lucifer!!! I have been waiting for this....so i will help everyone out since I just went through this here is bascially what will happen.
      You will get something along these lines from the FB Gods.

Hi,
      We ask everyone on Facebook to use the name they go by in everyday life—what their friends call them. You can keep your current name if it's the name you're known by. Otherwise, we'll ask you to edit it.
      We'll need you to review your name sometime in the next 7 days. After that, you won't be able to log back into Facebook until you update your name.
      Is Kala Silverheart the name you use in everyday life?
      Please keep in mind that Facebook profiles are for personal, non-commercial use and represent individual people. If your profile represents an organization, business, brand or idea, please let us know and we can help you create a Page based on your profile.
      View updates from your Support Inbox: (your inbox here)

Now as we all know most of us don't use our legal names and I am no exception, however my legal name and info does fall under a few things. You see FB has fallen under critizism for their policy but that doesn't matter to them....what did matter was a little lawsuit that was filed and a terms of the settlement....here is the thing
      theguardian.com/us-news/2015/d…oversial-real-name-policy
      nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/…changes-real-name-policy/

Now if you notice they said You can keep your current name if it's the name you're known by. This would be us.

Having such you have different options, now this would fall under us. Because we honestly don't know our selves under the mask (unless you do but I don't) and only know our Kigs. so anyways there will be an option for "special case" now you will find different options and in my case I fall under these options, however they legally can't ask you if this is true because that's an invasion of privacy rights....anyways I sent them my reason and got this in response.

Hi,In order to confirm the name on your Facebook account, we'll have to ask you to please submit an ID or other identifying documents. You can also reply to this message with any additional information you think we should know about the name you use on Facebook. Once we hear back from you, a member of our team will reach out to help personally guide you through next steps. - The simplest way to confirm your name is to submit a photo or scanned copy of a government-issued ID. The ID should show the name you're confirming and either a photo or date of birth that matches the information on your profile.- If you don't have a government-issued ID with the name you're confirming, we'd recommend taking a look at the Help Center article below to see the full list of other documents we can use (ex: membership cards, piece of mail):(web link) Feel free to cover up any personal information we don't need to confirm your identity (ex: address, Social Security number). We'll just need to see the name and photo or name and date of birth that matches the information on your Facebook account.- If you think there's more information we should know about the name you use on Facebook, you can reply to this message to provide additional context.You can also learn more about how we ensure the privacy and security of information you submit to us:(weblink) Please keep in mind that if we don't hear from you within the next 7 days, your account may be automatically locked. Thanks for working with us to get this sorted out. View updates from your Support Inbox: (weblink),The Facebook Team

Now notice what they ask for the first is a Government ID. Depending on your country this could be many different things.

Government ID (I went with my weapons carry permit with litterly everything but my legal name, photo and YEAR of experation date BLACKED OUT, so they see it's still a valad ID and give them the idea I could be one of those psyco 2nd amendment people that could give them a PR nightmare if I so wished) now this doesn't have any kig info but again I gave them a reason I dont use my real name and my real photo (abusive Ex, unknowing abusive family, transition, native american or other minority, there are many reasons why people don't use their birth name the idea is if they use your real name and pic (essencally Doxxing you) that could put you in danger and then FB (because they forced the issue) could be held responsible), so really they just want something on file so your not creating multipul accounts.

2 Non-government options (this can be legal mail that was mailed to you with that name on it, check, permit, transit card, utility bill, credit card, school ID card, Library card, Paycheck stub, School record, Medical Record, Bank Statement, Scoial Security card, Employment verification, magazine subscription stub, yearbook photo, membership ID (pension card, union, work ID)

3 If you dont have those you can provide an ID but need 3 different ones. Two different forms of ID that show legal name and One ID that includes a date of birth that matched your FB profile.

But Rias, you say.......that still is something without my kigu name. Remeber you can use your ID with your legal name but you need to give them a reason why you don't use it for your FB name and you can still use it (abusive EX,family member is a most common one, because they can't ask anything to varafy that they have to take it as the truth because it would be a violation of privacy if they did) different people can have different reasons. a Domex could be a teacher and using her real name could cost her her job. you could be in transition and this is the name your using and will eventually change to, your hiding from your abusive ex or family members who would kill you for being gay or other reasons that were from the lawsuit or reasons that FB could be held responsible if your real name and picture got out there.

I hope this helps people, remember you are using their service so they do have a right to ask you these things, but they can't force you to use it, not at the risk of your life or physical harm which was what the lawsuit was about. They just want something on file incase of abuse or multipul accounts so don't worry if you don't have your legal name there.....just find a reason why you use your kig name instead.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Rias Kitsune” ().

I honestly didn't either, and they have gone back and forth with me a few times over my weapons carry, so I sent my DL, but everything that was not what they were asking for was blacked out...If i have to make a new account....we will see.
      Update, So my accout is still there and the ticket is closed....and I changed the last name....that's all, Also I showed them that according to their new policy they can't force you to use your legal name if you say this is "YOUR PERFORMACE ACCOUNT" that was what basically went down with the LGBTQ community and the aggrement they reached. So remember you may need to send them your ID but they can't force you to use your legal name.
      I was hit with multiple "Security checks" about two weeks ago. There was no "you have seven days to replay", my account was locked immediately and they refused to accept any IDs I sent or any explanations. Currently they seem to be ignoring my requests for information, or they send a form email saying "look here for help", and the link is to a page inside Facebook that you have to log in to see! I then started an account using my real name, and two days later they locked that one as well with the excuse "multiple accounts", and they are ignoring my messages on that as well. So I don't really believe those articles.
      Jovinamask!

Mariko Kou wrote:

This is kinda scary! :| I haven't received anything yet... but I've heard quite a lot of kiggers have been hit by this.

Everything that has occurred so far has only affected "personal" profiles, that is, a profile associated with a credentials set. So far I haven't heard anything about "pages" being hit.

Possible "FB-accepting" scenario
      One notable public name here in Britain is Lily Savage, which who's real name is Paul O' Grady. By example, if Paul O' Grady wanted to register on Facebook, he would not be allowed to register in his alter-ego's name as far as FB's terms outline; if he wanted to have a page specifically for his alter-ego, he would have to first register by his real name and then create a "page" for that as a sub of his personal account.
      Heh, I'm not really a huge fan of social media (Facebook & Twitter). There is really noting private as anything gets posted becomes or will become public. If you have a separate kigurumi and your own personal account, some person out there will find that connection, thus exposing your kig identity to the world wide web.

And there's the risk of having your current or future employers discover your kig hobby...
      Kig-O Member since September 2016

Sacramento, California

Senkan wrote:

Heh, I'm not really a huge fan of social media (Facebook & Twitter). There is really noting private as anything gets posted becomes or will become public. If you have a separate kigurumi and your own personal account, some person out there will find that connection, thus exposing your kig identity to the world wide web.
      And there's the risk of having your current or future employers discover your kig hobby...

Only if you get (easily) careless by not setting and reviewing the relevant privacy settings. But the thing is, social media is an essential when it comes to any activity that is meant to be a crowd-pleaser. As for my personal life, the only "stuff" I ever make public postings about are articles of potential interest concerning or that could have an effect on everyday life; I'm being rhetorical here but is it like I have something to hide?
      Just lost my account today out of the blue :/

A shame because I had a collection of nice pictures and some important information too. The appeals process does not seem to work at all, I sent my Photo ID with matching name and DOB and my account remains locked with no reply. I'm sending an email through every possible way of contacting them but no luck.

I am hoping at least the personal data download request goes through. I would like to get all my old photos back if it were possible, but so far all I am receiving is request conformation emails/automated junk.

It's just total crap. There's not even a proper email support or way to contact someone directly.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Wing Kigu” ().

Facebook just plain does not care about people that they boot, they have RULES and they must be obeyed! There is now a group in FB for posting info on people who were booted out, you can find it here: facebook.com/groups/189555351551673/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel You can post info about people who were kicked out, such as how to contact them in other places such as twitter or Google+ . Also you can post a new ID for the person, but PLEASE do not post any info there unless the person says it is OK!
      Jovinamask!
      I too lost my kig Facebook account out of the blue about 6 months ago. I disliked their so called verification options so the account got deleted :thumbdown: . I never made a new one. Luckily I found this site. I am looking for other places to go for networking. I was wondering if there is a kig discord group or something like that.
      "Newbie Shinobu MIdori"
      Has anyone tried Diaspora, as in the Diaspora Project? I have been thinking of hosting a Diaspora Pod, perhaps kig themed, but I'd like to have at least two admins with full access, just to ensure that the four-eye principle is done.

The thing about Facebook, we get the customer service we pay for.

scath01 wrote:

Has anyone tried Diaspora, as in the Diaspora Project? I have been thinking of hosting a Diaspora Pod, perhaps kig themed, but I'd like to have at least two admins with full access, just to ensure that the four-eye principle is done.

The thing about Facebook, we get the customer service we pay for.

I would avoid that route if you are not significantly proficient in Linux; the setup procedure looks dauntingly complex...