Kig at Non Anime cons

Hey Surferbrg

We all start somewhere. I guess it really depends on the character and the appeal.

If the character is widely known, across several fandoms, You will probably find some appreciative fans. I have seen Kiki the Witch from Kiki's Delivery Service, go over well at a Star Trek convention, because the character was well done and somewhat Iconic.

Even a generic kig character can do well at furry events, if she has on ears, a tail, and paws.

Many Comic book and Science Fiction conventions enjoy it when I do Mario. He's always a hit at video game events. Again Iconic Character with cross culture recognition.

At any event which has cosplay and lolita fashions, a kig girl in a frilly dress will always fit in. My kig friends have always been well received by the children at Charity Halloween events.

I can't begin to tell you how well the kig girls went over at the Japanese festival in Washington DC. That covered every aspect of Japanese culture, but Kig performers were certainly an unexpected novelty.

So I guess what I'm saying is, will it hurt to give it a try? Any event where costumed attendees gather, has the potential to be a place to perform. All you have to do is find an angle to make your character appropriate to the venue.

Miss Kiki.
      There is the concept of "Booth Babe" . RTPS is certainly familiar with that. Since you are talking about attending other types of conventions, this may present you an opportunity.

If there's a group, that's going to be set up on the display floor, which you have an "in" with, offer them your service handing out flyers and such. Any Mascot type character is going to draw more attention to their product, and they may be interested in you volunteering.

If their booth staff will be wearing a company Tshirt, there's half your outfit.

Of course what you get from the experience is the attention.

Miss Kiki
      Even things not kig related may be useful. Kigs are eye candy. I have been to a Linux convention where people are debating doing kig there, especially if showing off some new piece of hardware or demo, just because it attracts attention. For copyright reasons, a known character like a Miko wouldn't work, but with different hair and dress, it definitely would be something.

scath01 wrote:

Even things not kig related may be useful. Kigs are eye candy. I have been to a Linux convention where people are debating doing kig there, especially if showing off some new piece of hardware or demo, just because it attracts attention. For copyright reasons, a known character like a Miko wouldn't work, but with different hair and dress, it definitely would be something.

shove a raspberry pi and a little lcd in there. Bam, your kig runs linux.
      Your signature here