Anime North 2018

Anime North 2018

Courtesy of Shussan Koshi:

AN2018 Time!
      Using a pic from earlier this year, to show as much of the group as was available for a picture, because it's time to let all kigs know that we're revving up for Anime North 2018!
      If you're a kigurumi performer, and you're interested in participating, PM me or Neko-Nico for more information, or if you have any questions.
      I've been part of this group for the past 3 years, and it's been the highlight of my year, each time. I've made new friends, got many opportunities for pictures I wouldn't otherwise get, particularly at such awesome places as Niagara Falls.
      If you join the group for the whole event, here's what's included:
      - Con badges for the whole weekend -- and you won't have to spend any time in the lineup to get them!
      - Hotel room for 7 nights (we're not just there for the con days, we do lots of other things!) Rooms are actually suites, basically an apartment, with a kitchen, living room and two bedrooms with each one getting its own bathroom. We generally fit 4 people per room, so there's plenty of room for everybody. There's all you need to cook, and a fridge for food you might purchase on the day of arrival, so you don't need to eat out or eat crappy food while you're there.
      - Many meals are covered, including at least one BBQ/picnic outing, and a big group dinner on Sunday night. Last year we had multiple BBQ meals, a ramen dinner, a taco dinner, all cooked by volunteers in the group.
      - Multiple group outings, including the BBQ/picnic I mentioned, the day trip to Niagara Falls that includes other stops along the way as well as other outings that can vary (look through my past pics for more.)
      - At the convention itself, we have our own booth, with a private area where you can take a breather, take off your head, have a sip of water, and fix minor cosplay mishaps. It's also secure enough to leave certain personal belongings, allowing you to go out in character without having to carry all your stuff around with you, which makes it easier when people stop you for pictures (which they do. a lot.)
      But the main reason to come is the opportunity to meet up with and have lots of fun with other kigs you might not otherwise be able to meet easily. Each year, we've had kigs from all over the US, Canada, and a few from Europe, and even Japan!
      Now is the time to decide if you want to go, and now is the time to start saving up.

anime-north-2017_.jpg A short video

Miss Kiki wrote:

Hi Coconut:

Forgive an old lady for not being up on all the new terms. I'm unclear as to what a N.E.E.T. outfit consists of. Were you at the group photo shoot? If so I probably have a picture of you.

Glad that you enjoyed yourself at the event. Looking forward to next year myself.

Kiki
      sorry I should have specified, I am not kiging (yet), just a big fan of the art form. I was in the black S.W.A.T style outfit with the helmet that said N.E.E.T
      oh! I remember 110% now. I am really glad to have made your acquaintance then, you are very nice, and super cute! I was a bit frazzled that day, I kinda disappeared from the panel to get food. I wish I spent more time around the panel and the booth after though, I was kinda shy and a bit overexcited, it's a weird mix.
      We never actually met. I witnessed the two of you talking.

The problem is, how do you convince somebody that you never met, that you are legit, when all you are wearing is street clothes. Just being at the panel does not necessarily equate to being an expert.

Neither does participation in the forums confer expert status. Pics can be lifted from anywhere on the internet, and every piece of information needs to be checked and crosschecked.

That's why I said nothing to the person you were talking to. I had no credentials to present.

On the other hand, you were noted and mentioned in the Anime North post convention forum on 4 chan CGL.

Relax. Being shy and hyper is nothing we have not witnessed before, nor is being curious and not knowing where to turn to for information. Keep posting here if you have questions. get all the different ideas that this group can offer. If you plan to go to other events between now and AN 2019, let us know. Maybe there could be a meetup in your future.

Sooner or later, you will get to be comfortable around us.

Kiki

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Miss Kiki” ().

Oh ok I understand a bit better now. Well it is a shame then, that we did not get to chat. I hope to attend events before AN 2019 if there are some close to me. I do take a bit of time to warm up to people . I do apologize for any poor etiquette or netequitte I do not used social media often and may rub people the wrong way but is not intentional.
      Hey Cici:

When you get the chance could you give us the final numbers for AN 2018? How many performers were in attendance?

By my admittedly skewed perspective it looked like there were maybe 20-25 girls in the Sunday photo shoot. Over the weekend, I think I saw maybe 30-35 different characters. A list of who did what would be helpful.

Did not get to see all the panels, but a summary would be nice.

And how did the rest of the outings go?

Kiki

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Miss Kiki” ().

Miss Kiki wrote:

Hey Cici:

When you get the chance could you give us the final numbers for AN 2018? How many performers were in attendance?

By my admittedly skewed perspective it looked like there were maybe 20-25 girls in the Sunday photo shoot. Over the weekend, I think I saw maybe 30-35 different characters. A list of who did what would be helpful.

Did not get to see all the panels, but a summary would be nice.

And how did the rest of the outings go?

Kiki

Guests included
      Performers 26

We had various panels, photoshoots and off site trips. We are already in the planning stages for AN2019 Western Wasshoi. We were also recognized and included as active members of the Kigurumi Wasshoi ( #キグルミwasshoi)

All of the above is one step closer in closing the gap between Japan and the West.

Coconut wrote:

Miss Kiki wrote:

Hi Coconut:

Forgive an old lady for not being up on all the new terms. I'm unclear as to what a N.E.E.T. outfit consists of. Were you at the group photo shoot? If so I probably have a picture of you.

Glad that you enjoyed yourself at the event. Looking forward to next year myself.

Kiki
      sorry I should have specified, I am not kiging (yet), just a big fan of the art form. I was in the black S.W.A.T style outfit with the helmet that said N.E.E.T

I remembered to see you there. You had pocky box in your vest pocket, is that right?