Looking for male mask(Starting out)

Looking for male mask(Starting out)

Hi, I'm just starting out and I can only really find one type of male mask. As of now, I'm looking at half-masks mostly(since they're cheaper), and I want to dip my toes in the water first before I fully commit to spending more money for a full mask. So far I looked through all the recourses and could only find some here. If anyone could help or is willing that'd be amazing, I'd also love to help out the community if anyone is willing to sell.
      I recommend staying away from those listings on Aliexpress. There are some legit vendors there, but often the pictures are stolen. "Silicone Rubber" in the title is an instant red flag, as almost no kigurumi mask is made out of silicone (including the one in the pictures!). Someone transformed a gurglelove mask into a male with fair success, and if the character is younger/larger-faced using a female base is a viable option. Of course, there's always the world of DIY if those don't satisfy. Nice seeing another upcoming male kigu too!
      Your signature here

Post by “Melfia” ()

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().

KineticIsEpic wrote:

I recommend staying away from those listings on Aliexpress. There are some legit vendors there, but often the pictures are stolen. "Silicone Rubber" in the title is an instant red flag, as almost no kigurumi mask is made out of silicone (including the one in the pictures!). Someone transformed a gurglelove mask into a male with fair success, and if the character is younger/larger-faced using a female base is a viable option. Of course, there's always the world of DIY if those don't satisfy. Nice seeing another upcoming male kigu too!

Thanks for the info! Guess I'll have to look around more to see what would be the best option then, I was looking around on some websites and thought they had some that were decently priced.
      I'm sure that whilst it isn't commonplace for male kigs, I'm sure some of makers on this site's list[/b]* do cater that department.

No offence intended but, I think adopting a "high quality for a low price" mindset is unrealistic way to go about it; typically quality and-in-hand with the amount of money you're willing to invest. I paid roughly $1550 to have mine (Irina) by cici and RTPS and, to me, it's money well spent.

* The list is maintained by those having customer experience with them

KineticIsEpic wrote:

Someone transformed a gurglelove mask into a male with fair success, and if the character is younger/larger-faced using a female base is a viable option.

Gurgle started to make male shells short before she closed due to pregnancy, you can find them as the very first product on her Taobao. Other "cheaper" options would be contacting ManiaJuns or Raigeki Li on Twitter, both do male masks too and ship international, the pictures on Aliexpress are usually from either of the two,.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “ichigomomomya” ().