My own question forum

depends how young you are tbh? i met up with some kigs at MCM briefly when i was around 17 i think?

another thing you want to consider is if you want to invest in all the kig stuff when you're still growing, hadatais are less of a problem but you don't want to invest loads of money in a mask and then actually grow out of it.

from the way you're typing it sounds like age isn't going to be a barrier when it comes to actually _getting_ a kig, but if you want to meet up with people just stay safe, always request real face pics with a timestamp so you know they're genuine, and always let someone know where you're going to be/have a safety net.

or just only meet up in public spaces, if you know someone from online you could limit interaction to kigging on a con floor and later meeting at a cafe or at the same con out of kig, hell you could even bring you parents along if they don't mind.

I mean imo a good policy is to not meet up with "complete and utter strangers" at all anyhow, if you're planning to meet up with someone you should at least chat a decent amount beforehand to get a bit of a feel for what they're like.

(sidenote I would absolutely love to see a kig of penny sometime in the future, she's my second favourite rwby character tbh)
      Makes sense. Its not like I WILL go to a meetup, it's just on the off-change that I do go (Like I've said before, I'm looking to use kig more for personal amusement/a novelty rather than perfoming, although i might still upload pics if i do get one).

Also, Penny fans represent! (SPOILERS) Crossed fingers she comes back in volume 6!
      Video games, stop-motion and RWBY, oh my!
      If i want to kig as a character from a show I haven't watched yet, could I do that or do I have to wait to see their series? This is the dilemma that's facing me with... well, any Pretty Cure character, since getting any english-subbed/dubbed version of any of that series is a pain and a half outside of the 2 "Glitter Force" series on Netflix, which I've heard not-too-good things about.

Clegginator wrote:

If i want to kig as a character from a show I haven't watched yet, could I do that or do I have to wait to see their series? This is the dilemma that's facing me with... well, any Pretty Cure character, since getting any english-subbed/dubbed version of any of that series is a pain and a half outside of the 2 "Glitter Force" series on Netflix, which I've heard not-too-good things about.

Doesn't really matter what you've heard @Clegginator What matters is what makes you happy. If I would have gone with the flow bending to what's been said by some about Miku being too popular or too many were kigurumi were made of her at the time then I'd never have been identified as Hatsune Miku which makes me very happy.

Do what your heart says, follow your dreams.
      (Sniff-inhales VERY hardly, then sighs) fair enough...

Edit: it's just that I don't want to wait 2 YEARS to be able to buy something I would already have the money for,, and not rely on parents which tend to wall off any purchases from overseas/unfamiliar websites. (I get why they do that, it's just frustrating that I can't buy from a website I know I can trust)

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Clegginator” ().

It's the old classic saying: 18 is the age of consent.

Try to think about it from more than one angle:
      • your real body will change less going from 18-years onward and that will reduce sizing disparities
      • you have time to study already-cosplayers out there; believe me: it's worth doing the research

Now would be a good time to make that other key decision of what you wish for your first character to be.

I had to wait from 2009 to early-2016 before I could mobilise myself as a kigger and that was not down to age
      because at the time I discovered animegao I was already at the end of my teen years.
      The main problem is that, with my mindset, I could easily just forget or even move on once I've turned 18, completely unsatisfied with my outcome, which would just be sad. The way I remained interest in getting a gaming pc was because my main interest is gaming, and the only problem was funds, not age.

Also, I thought 16 was the age of consent?

(Late reply, but meh)