2018 Summer Northern California (Crunchyroll Expo + SacAnime)

2018 Summer Northern California (Crunchyroll Expo + SacAnime)

The upcoming anime conventions for the Summer 2018 season will occur at the same weekend, so plan accordingly.

Crunchyroll Expo 2018:
      Date: Saturday, Sept. 1 to Monday, Sept. 3 (Labor Day Holiday).
      General information website: crunchyrollexpo.com/

*If you haven't visited the first one that occurred in Santa Clara last year, I highly recommend that you check out this upcoming one, it's their second event after all (& be the first ever kigs to attend).

SacAnime Summer 2018:
      Date: Friday, Aug. 31 to Sunday, Sept. 2.

Here is my recommendation if you want to attend both events at the same weekend, if the CR Expo is the more significant event for you:
      1.) Reserve Friday only ticket for SacAnime
      2.) Travel down either by car or ride Amtrak Capitol Corridor to San Jose at the same night on Friday and stay for the night at a booked hotel in San Jose.
      3.) Attend Crunchyroll Expo that runs from Saturday to Monday.
      Kig-O Member since September 2016

Sacramento, California

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Senkan” ().

New

Just a heads up, CR Expo & SacAnime is quickly approaching within 2 weeks away as of this posting and here are some additional helpful information:

If you are attending both events and traveling down to San Jose via Amtrak, take advantage of its discount program when travelling in groups of two or more and up to five.

- Capitol Corridor Group Discount Info: capitolcorridor.org/group-travel/friends-and-family/

Last train (No. 547) from Sacramento Valley Station to San Jose Diridon Station departs at 5:55 PM and arrives at 9:13 PM on Friday. However, train travel can be prone to delays so it may not be possible to attend the Kick-Off Party on time. Be warned.

Also, be sure to ask the Conductor for free Transit (VTA) Transfers (each passenger), two of them for round trip to and back from downtown. Not applicable to Uber/Lyft riders at the station.

Shoot me a message if you have questions and I'll happily be able to answer them.
      Kig-O Member since September 2016

Sacramento, California