"Multiple" Discord Servers

"Multiple" Discord Servers

Discord has become a popular service since its inception and it is a fact that it used to a decent degree by kigs and kin-fans to connect.

Most recently, we now have AN-Western Wasshoi. Is this a temporary server?

I would like to hear others' views: do you think that multiple servers, set up with a similar objective in mind, will dilute content quality on those servers?

Another thought that came up was that wouldn't non-use of the same, consistent name across platforms, assuming that NekoNico's server is the official KigurumiOnline server since its the other server named on this site's front page, be less favourable for our representative image as western kigs?

Please don't tote and point your shotguns at me, I am just trying to think and conduct myself in western kiggers best interests.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “BritKig” ().

BritKig wrote:

do you think that multiple servers, set up with a similar objective in mind, will dilute content quality on those servers?

Nope. In fact I think the quality would go up since people not interested in the content on server X will hop over to server Y and vice versa.

BritKig wrote:

Another thought that came up was that wouldn't non-use of the same, consistent name across platforms, assuming that NekoNico's server is the official KigurumiOnline server since its the other server named on this site's front page, be less favourable for our representative image as western kigs?

I don't think we need to worry about that at all. Kig's a hobby, not a brand.
      Your signature here
      My server (Neko's Litterbox) is not the "Official Kigurumi Online" discord. It was created to be part of the social network for me to communicate with my Twitch viewers off-stream - Character to Viewer and not specifically Kig to Kig (although may viewers are Kigs)

If there was a Chat/Discord for Kig-O the AN-WW Discord would be better suited for intra-kig socialization but that Server was primarily created as a way to coordinate and plan for the AnimeNorth - Western Wasshoi Event. If Kigs do wish to gather there they are perfectly welcome to join. It is pretty casual and AnimeNorth focused with "#Curious_Kigs" being the equivalent of "General chat", but it is flexible enough to evolve into something "bigger" -- perhaps a planning support hub for other Kig-related Convention Events or something -- but as a general kig chat room, that wasn't initially the intention of either server.

BTW for the record, I didn't have previous knowledge those two discord "rooms" had been linked through here. I noticed an influx of new names I had not seen before and asked a few people and was told that The Litterbox had been linked on various social media sites