Tips on getting in shape for Kigurumi / What areas to focus on?

These tips are truly what I needed. I am calorie counting, but with forcing myself to do two miles a day, I'm going to be sticking to 1500 calories a day right now, which will drop me 1-2 pounds a week. Eventually I am going to do fewer calories, but the first part is making this a daily habit of logging food in a journal, and if I get an item that has way over my calorie count, I eat a part of it, and set the rest aside for leftovers, or just chuck it.

Flexibility is something I am working on as well. Other kigs I know can grab the zipper and zip it up all the way up the back. I have to use a tool that attaches to the zipper to get it past the no man's land area.
      FWIW...... putting into practice:

pinterest.com/pin/46584177381302957/?lp=true

Various sorts of lunges, squats and lifts. I do some of these to help with the turnout issues I have in my hip joints and arthritis. Now, here's a lil' chart and don't let it freak you out:

If you're really skinny, (being tall also helps) confident and a skilled cosplayer, you don't have to worry about WHR. Most of us, rather, have normal bodies with love handles and the like, which means a BMI of about 25 and hopefully under 30 so let's go with something we can work with - any kind of waist definition at all........

Now, for our purposes let's look at a 0.95 ratio. That means for a hip measurement of 36 inches, your waist is 34 and I mean this because I think for a lot of us this is attainable. If you can better this, go for it - lucky for you.....:).... Psychologically speaking, with a corset and some padding, you can feel you still 'own' your figure whereas with a WHR > 1 you're doing it all with artifice and that doesn't seem to be as good. Especially when you have to use so much hip padding to bring you into shape you get that 'pillow' effect and that doesn't look at all natural. That's why you want to build out your foundation with sturdy glutes, even if it doesn't give you much hip expansion. Subtracting too much dad bod and frog butt* with saggy cheeks from your profile will prevent 'sand bagging' where your hip padding looks the same from the front as it does in the back.....'>........

* There are pics of Hank Hill, in the shower, naked from the back. You can find them on the internet, but they can't be unseen.......;>..........
      Try knowing a few heteronorms. They'll broaden your horizons without a lot of drama. It's great, try it....'>......

Post was edited 1 time, last by “lzzrdgrrl” ().