What's your recommended procedure for washing a kigurumi wig? / What products do you use?

What's your recommended procedure for washing a kigurumi wig? / What products do you use?

Title pretty much says it. I haven't seen a thread on this forum concerning washing wigs, only brushing and styling.
      Do yourself a favor and get off this forsaken forum like I did. There's too much outdated information here and not enough people that actually know what they're doing. This is NOT the place to become a good kig.

If you're still looking for advice give this Discord a chance: discord.gg/RHw3YE
      It has over a hundred kigs and many active and experienced members that will gladly answer your questions in realtime.

cici wrote:

Old thread

Check it out!!

Uhm... That thread is only about zentai / hadatai, not wigs. I was talking specifically keeping the hair clean.
      Do yourself a favor and get off this forsaken forum like I did. There's too much outdated information here and not enough people that actually know what they're doing. This is NOT the place to become a good kig.

If you're still looking for advice give this Discord a chance: discord.gg/RHw3YE
      It has over a hundred kigs and many active and experienced members that will gladly answer your questions in realtime.

cici wrote:

lol~

yeah I'm zonked :P
      Anime North took a lot out of me.....

ok wigs~
      there are different ways to clean them, first are they attached to a mask?
      Is there fixative holding the hair style?
      Which maker, if there is one. made the mask and styled the hair?

I'm talking in general here. I wouldn't want an answer specific to one type of mask anyway since there are a lot of threads in this forum that helped me, and if somebody else finds this thread and they don't have the same type of mask the advice might be useless for them. I always want to make sure my threads are a resource for other aspiring kigs <3

Generally speaking wigs only need to be washed if a product is used to treat the loose hair like a detangler.
      Personally I've never needed to wash/clean wig fiber but, if you must clean them this is my recommendation.
      1. Protect the face of the mask with plastic fixing it with low-tack masking tape.
      2. Mix a solution of gentle soap ( unscented baby shampoo ) in lukewarm water.
      3. with the mask set onto a tripod gentle apply the solution with a sponge and carefully work it through the loose hair trying not to wet any styled hair.
      4. Rinse the fibers with clean clear water and allow the dry before brushing.
      5. Brushing starts from the tips of the hair upwards taking care not to over stress the fibers. If you get a knot or tangle work it down with your fingers. If a knot is tii embedded simply remove it with a razor or scissors.
      6. If the hair is still being resistant to brushing use a light mist of detangler ( this also illuminates static ) and brush out taking care again not to stress the fibers.
      7. Carefully remove the masking and you should be good to go.
      That's a general way to take care of dirty hair. If the hair has a curl set into the style is is the same process. You may lose some curl but the the hair will be at least brushed. Remember, wig fiber is not human hair and does not get greasy because it isn't attached to a human oil generating machine.