Critique my hips? ^^;; (NSFW maybe? iunno~)

Critique my hips? ^^;; (NSFW maybe? iunno~)

Hi! Firstly, I apologize if this isn't the right place for this thread, or if even this is something I should be sharing here - please move / delete as appropriate. I am so very new to all this, so I don't really know what any of the protocol is for sharing this kind of thing!

Anyway, I'm currently working on my first set of hip pads, and I feel like I need some feedback on them. It's been suggested that I have probably made them too big... I can always remove more material but I can't put it back on again, so I want to be absolutely certain before I take the electric carving knife to them once more, and having some experienced performers cast a critical eye over them might help me. So please have a look and let me know what you think.

Should I make them smaller? If so, by how much? Is there any particular area that I should be looking at adjusting? Should I scrap them and start again, and if so, what should I do differently? Do the breast forms also work, or should I look at using a different size for these? Please be honest and open, criticism is the only way I will be able to improve! ^^;;

Link to pictures here!

If any other pictures are needed then I can probably take some more.

Some things to keep in mind...
      • I do not currently own a hadatai - I have one on order from RTPS, but I figure there's not much point in measuring up for this until I am happy with my shape. So please ignore the fact that you can see my pads through the tights, and also kindly ignore my awful hairy arms :D Also the pads are a little lumpy currently, but once I am absolutely certain that the shape is correct, I will sand them to make them as smooth as possible.
      • My level of fitness (or lack thereof) - I have started going swimming twice a week, and I try to monitor the amount of calories I eat using myfitnesspal, with a goal of 1500 per day. I've been doing fairly well so far, and I suspect I will lose a few pounds, but I have pretty much always had this same build my whole life and I'm not expecting any miracle transformations any time soon!
      • I'm trying to make them fit my natural body type - I've made peace with the fact that I will probably never have the waifish, svelte figure that many Animegao Kigurumi performers aspire to. I have a bit of an advantage in that the character I am hoping to embody is my own OC, and she has always been portrayed as curvy rather than super slim. I have quite broad shoulders, so I've tried to make these pads fit with that... Ultimately I'm aiming for an hourglass figure, but I want to look 'natural' (or as natural as a living anime doll can be!) rather than comical or super exaggerated.
      So, what say you?
      Hey!

Great first run. It took my a few runs to tweak mine to what they are now but you've got a real head start.
      Take a look at the ride image. I extended the pad a tiny bit down towards the knee to break the severe curve/transition between the thigh and knee.
      hip kig o.jpg
      Something to think about for your next run through. The thought of making new right now would be overwhelming (well at least for me).

Keep up the good work and never lose the magic!
      Hi! Thanks for the responses and advice!

I've shaved off a little more material and smoothed out the transition between the thigh and knee as suggested, and I feel they look a lot better now!

However I think I might need more padding on my butt to make it look right from behind... That would obviously mean starting again, but it's important I get this right!

What do you think? If I create a new set of pads, how should the butt portion be shaped?

Pictures here: imgur.com/a/EBKiol2
      I'm impressed.... and really jealous of your waistline.

The shape is really good -- so curvy -- the only critique is the transition from pad to "real you". That could easily be improved with more feathering of the edges.. or some really tight shapewear or multiple layers of hosiery. However, unless you are an encasement type (I'm not) that really is a lot of work and in some cases discomfort/heat/inconvenience/etc. that could be avoided by just being more precise with pad shaping.