Project Hikari (Budget kigurumi project)

      The top layer is only shifted over so I could try to separate it with a heated spatula and fuse it in place but I’m not sure if that’s the best course of action. Anyway I’m almost done with my hips but they need to be shaped a little more since they’re a little large right now. I might try to make an “M pad” using the scraps that I have from making my breast forms but I have no idea where to start with that.
      I never really used a 3D printer so I don't know how the material works, I think filling with something else that you would use to smooth the "printer lines" sounds good enough
      How you did the pads and forms? how they looks?
      about the Mpad I heard that only a tight panty is enough to hold everything , maybe some foam would help on the looks too...
      ( ^w^)/ hey~

      I think I know the one that you’re talking about. Someone did a cosplay version of it over on DA. deviantart.com/creamypumpkin/a…i-hairstyle-cos-498233259

      Something that I realized was that I’m going to need to make a bigger hat. The one that I have doesn’t fit over my mask. The pokétech has run into a small problem with the screen having too many pins than the Arduino. I may have to make some kind of breadboard to get the signal to split into the right values for each pin.
      I don’t have anything to really show for the pokétech yet. I’m still trying to figure out what I have to do inside because I need to convert the signals. Not to mention writing the code for it to run the apps. (May be a bit of a challenge since I’m a mechanical engineer and not a software engineer. I’m glad the apps are simple.)
      Sorry about the recent lack of updates. Events in my life are preventing me from continuing as quickly as I'd like to but I'm still working on it. Having a bit of trouble with styling the wig. The hairstyle is proving harder than I thought. I'm also trying to restore another wig that I'm going to use for a Serena kig since she has the same facial structure as Dawn so I could use the same mask.
      A bit of an update on the wig. I managed to sort of fake having the hair wrap around my head and be clipped up front by using some of the wig that was next to where I cut some bangs. There’s still some work to do with straightening it but I doubt I’ll be able to get it perfect. I still have to make the final version of her clips with modeling clay but these construction paper ones should do for now. imgur.com/a/olIKGCn

      Buff55 wrote:

      A bit of an update on the wig. I managed to sort of fake having the hair wrap around my head and be clipped up front by using some of the wig that was next to where I cut some bangs. There’s still some work to do with straightening it but I doubt I’ll be able to get it perfect. I still have to make the final version of her clips with modeling clay but these construction paper ones should do for now. imgur.com/a/olIKGCn


      Hi Buff,

      Do you think Dawn's hairstyle is challenge to make? I wonder about her hat. How would you make the hat will fit kig-mask?
      I look forward to your finish version of kig Dawn because she is cute.
      Well it looks simple at first but when it actually comes to doing it I can never get it to look right. It doesn’t help that I tried to strengthen a curly wig and didn’t get it perfectly straight. As far as the hat goes I’m going to make it out of fleece. I might even make a second set of clips for her winter outfit (when I start making it but I have a Ranamon kig to work on for practice)
      Those are the ones that I’ve been using to style the wig. I think the main problem that I’m having is with my wig stand being smaller than my actual head so the clips end up sitting higher than they should be. I actually reworked my kigs eyes a bit by removing some of the internal structure of my mask to make a flatter space to mount them. What I removed was only some of the support structure that the printer used for itself so no harm was really done to it. I may actually repaint the face and stencil in the eyebrows and eyelashes instead of doing them freehand.
      I've started work on the Poketch that Dawn wears. I'm starting to learn JavaScript bit by bit so I can program the apps properly but it's not going to be finished for a while. I've also switched from Blender to Fusion 360 so it will hopefully be easier to create things without the weird errors. On a slightly unfortunate note the heat and humidity these past few weeks have revealed a slight flaw in my mask. Turns out the eyes have a tendency to fall out because the tape I'm using to hold them in doesn't hold up well in heat so I might try using a different kind.
      Just a small update here. I've switched to duct tape and the eyes seem to be a lot better now. Now if only my wigs wouldn't frizz up in this heat and humidity... Picked up the fabrics for the new hat that will hopefully fit on my kig head (As well as some for a secret project). The poketch is progressing nicely. I just need to figure out the pinout of my touchscreen before I can attach it to my Arduno and test the program. Not too confident because my programming skills are a little shoddy at the moment but I'll hopefully improve with time.