Removing Factory Paint from Masks

Removing Factory Paint from Masks

Ello again~ quick note, thank you to everyone who left comments on my hadatai thread! The solution I came to was to just go suit-less till I can purchase a color matched suit. Lesson learned- don't gamble on zentais ;---; ANYWAY!

Ive started doing faceups~ one of my roadblocks currently, is finding safe ways to remove factory paint. Taking the paint off my gurgle was fairly simple, between acetone & magic erasers, it was a brease, just have to be SUPER careful to not let it sit too long and break the mask itself down.

But, my current project is a munimuni, and their paint is set in a completely different fashion. After speaking to their FB rep, they suggested a liquitex remover that was close to $400 a bottle on Amazon O___O which...I mean...it will prob work, but I'm leary of spending that much right away. I ended up avoiding removal of the factory paint all together and painting over top of it for this particular work, as it was a fairly simple faceup and not a huge deal to remove all of the previous details. But for the sake of future projects...

Does anyone have experience in repainting shells? Any suggestions on removers? Any advice is welcomed~