h ... he ... hellow!

h ... he ... hellow!

I ... dunno where to begin .....

I guess with Hi! ... you can call me Amelisia! .... My Friends call me Ame .....

I'm from the eastern part of Canada, more specifically in Québec.

In all honesty ... I am completely brand new to all of this. My curiosity was peaked and I wanted to discover this world and all it's wonders
      Sadly fear also creeped in, deeply. I dare not buy anything at all until I can be sure this is for me. (I used to be a bit too spontaneous about stuff and I wanna stop that, my wallets thanks me for it...)

So in short, I am here to discover and learn.

Now .... if you excuse me .....

*runs back under the blankets to hide*
      Thank you!

Since I posted this I have so much concerns and questions regarding this, it's overwhelming me a bit to be honest xD...

Like for example:

- Should I attempt at creating my own character since so far I don't feel like impersonating any anime / video game ones?

- I am not claustrophobic but can one of those masks allow good breathing?

- Is it normal that I feel so scared to spend money on something I am unsure I will like?

- Is it bad that I feel like I need someone to hold my hand through the whole beginning process and possibly further until I am ready?

...... If I want to make a good comparison I think that if you imagine the generic anime cliché.... I would be like the shy girl hiding every time she is either embarrassed or challenged...... I think

The rest of the questions are more technical, like the breathing one, but that breathing one was the most important of those technical one that I need to know

Anyway thanks for reading this
      Hey its cool!
      -Lots of kigs decided to do their own characters (a bit like a fursona) and some decide to do already existing characters. Its all about preference. I love both so its cool either way as long as its what you want to do!
      -I've never tried a mask on, but there are some pics of the inside on google that should give you a good indication on how much air will get in and out.
      -i too am scared a wee bit about spending so much money, but in my eyes, you won't know unless you try. plus you can always sell it if you don't like it.
      -I totally get you with the holding hand thing. I feel the same tbh. I have no friends in irl that are into this stuff so I resort to talking to people here, on discord and on twitter. If you want I can accompany you on this journey through the kig world as we are at the same spot.
      Hope I helped! Any questions, you know where to find me!
      Kind regards
      Dan

Amelisia wrote:

Should I attempt at creating my own character since so far I don't feel like impersonating any anime / video game ones?

There is no right or wrong, so long as it's true to you.

Amelisia wrote:

Is it normal that I feel so scared to spend money on something I am unsure I will like?

I think you'll find its the quantity of the investment, and expect it to be a long term commitment.

Amelisia wrote:

Is it bad that I feel like I need someone to hold my hand through the whole beginning process and possibly further until I am ready?

It's a learning curve, but by observing and asking others, you'll never know.

Amelisia wrote:

If I want to make a good comparison I think that if you imagine the generic anime cliché.... I would be like the shy girl hiding every time she is either embarrassed or challenged...... I think

I wouldn't try to compare because every cosplayer-character combo is unique.

Amelisia wrote:

The rest of the questions are more technical, like the breathing one, but that breathing one was the most important of those technical one that I need to know

It depends on the design as masks vary by maker in terms of mask size and shape.
      Hi Ame,
      Im fairly new but have been working up to things for a few years. It is an investment but if your handy with arts and crafts you can make a mask from paper machete and paint it.
      The mask allow you to breath but the first few times you may feel claustrophobic phobic due to the enclosed nature and the poor range of vison. However the better masks have better vision but they cost a lot to. I managed to get an immaculate 2nd hand gurgle love mask and i love it. Look at the blog post it'll give you some ideas for costs and cheap options kigurumionline.org/blog/index.php/Blog/

I personally haven't got a skinsuit/hadatai i just use the mask and cute clothes and a tinsy bit of editing in my photos.
      I dont play a copy of a character but rather a cute or Aegyo version of myself. I might make some costumes in the future.
      Depending on your size clothing shop sales are a nice place to get outfits. I recently bought an orangy playsuit and cardigan in Newlook for £15.00 and it looks amazing i think.
      Second hand stores/charity shops are also a good source of costumes.

If your male and want to kig a female dont be embarassed just go in look in the sales racks pick what you want then take it to the check out. 99% of the time they will assume your buying a present and ask you if you want a gift receipt. If they dont you can always ask to throw them off the scent.
      I brazenly buy womens underwear and they dont bat an eyelid.

If your not ready for shops then buy second hand clothes off ebay or new clothes online from the various stores. Try to get the women's clothes size using your body measurements then order something very cheap in your size. Then adjust accordingly although i would say women's sizes tend to change over various manufacturers i range form a size 16 to a 20 UK. Shoes are exactly the same buy 2 inch or less heels to start again you can buy some amazing shoes on ebay second hand.

I find joy in expressing the Female side of me the mask give me anonymity and courage.

Take it slow and buy a few small things. Even a flesh colours morph suit for £24 will give you a feel for things. later you can refine with shape wear etc.
      The most expensive bit is the mask.

Dont blame me though if you catch the Kig bug. Oh and off course join the discord/chat rooms and speak to us see photos and some times Kig Cams :)

This world can hurt you
      It cuts you deep and leaves a scar
      Things fall apart, but nothing breaks like a heart
      And nothing breaks like a heart