Kigurumi Youtubers vs Virtual Youtuber

Kigurumi Youtubers vs Virtual Youtuber

I wanted to add some animatronic functions on my mask but I din´t know how to start. Than I remembered that you can do some rely nice things in blender like camera tracking and motion capture. I did some camera tracking before and wanted to combine kigurumi with 3DCG. My brain: "why not a virtual kigurumi mask and tracking the facial expressions? Oh, whait, that would not be kigurumi anymore. That would be the same what Vtubers do. I should stop!"

Virtual Youtubers are popular now and Kigurumi is not as big. VTubers can speak and use there face to express themselves. Kigurumi is expensive and is limited in its expressions.

The Question: Do you think Virtual Youtubers pushing The Kigurumi Youtubers away and someday maybe they die out, or do you think they can still exist individual and are to different to compete? ( I talking only about Youtubers)

Post was edited 1 time, last by “NekoKig” ().

NekoKig wrote:

"why not a virtual kigurumi mask and tracking the facial expressions?"

The masks of the kig maker Facemoe (former Sekiya) can already track the facial expressions that are done inside the mask in order to reflect them as animation in videos, that combination is called mtuber as in "mixed reality youtuber".

NekoKig wrote:

The Question: Do you think Virtual Youtubers pushing The Kigurumi Youtubers away and someday maybe they die out, or do you think they can still exist individual and are to different to compete? ( I talking only about Youtubers)

No, that's pretty much the same thing as when people asked over a decade ago if Vocaloid will be the end of the existence of real musicians. While VTubers can be more expressive, Kig has the favor that you can actually meet and interact in real life; it's simply different things for different target audiences so comparisons are kinda pointless to begin with, there is no need for worry about it (plus it could start stupid fights between the communities about who is "better", which is childish). If anything, VTubers can help Kig grow even bigger as there have been multiple instances where japanese VTubers (like Millna) started doing Kig as it was the only way to accurate portray their "avatar" in real life.

Post was edited 9 times, last by “menhera-chan” ().

No, that's pretty much the same thing as when people asked over a decade ago if Vocaloid will be the end of the existence of real musicians. While VTubers can be more expressive, Kig has the favor that you can actually meet and interact in real life; it's simply different things for different target audiences so comparisons are kinda pointless to begin with, there is no need for worry about it (plus it could start stupid fights between the communities about who is "better", which is childish). If anything, VTubers can help Kig grow even bigger as there have been multiple instances where japanese VTubers (like Millna) started doing Kig as it was the only way to accurate portray their "avatar" in real life.

I´m glad to hear that. Now I can see things more differentiated. thank you for your competent answer.

Post was edited 10 times, last by “NekoKig” ().