Hello from Rhode Island

Hello from Rhode Island

Hello,

I am 39 years old and looking to get into this hobby, had been on the fence for a while but decided to take the plunge. I collect 1/3 scale Volks and Smartdoll anime dolls and always fascinated by posing then and taking photos, then I remembered reading about Kigurumi and thought I should take a crack at it as it would be sort of the same thing as taking pictures of dolls just easier to find props and keep in scale for photos lol. I figured out to start out trying to kig as Hatsune Miku as she is my favorite 1/3 scale volks doll and has lots of outfits to choose from. So here I am coming to find more information on how I can get into this hobby.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Sakura37 wrote:

Hello,

I am 39 years old and looking to get into this hobby, had been on the fence for a while but decided to take the plunge. I collect 1/3 scale Volks and Smartdoll anime dolls and always fascinated by posing then and taking photos, then I remembered reading about Kigurumi and thought I should take a crack at it as it would be sort of the same thing as taking pictures of dolls just easier to find props and keep in scale for photos lol. I figured out to start out trying to kig as Hatsune Miku as she is my favorite 1/3 scale volks doll and has lots of outfits to choose from. So here I am coming to find more information on how I can get into this hobby.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Welcome to Kig-o
      Another Volks fan!! Yes!! I personally don't have and but have been to the Volks store in Akihabara and Sapporo. Seeing them in the stores gives you a real appreciation for those who collect them.
      I made my own life size version a few years ago and from time to time perform her at conventions.

_MG_5505-Edit_.jpg

Her name is koko chan