Anime North

Agree on the picture aspect Meera, only nobody has been able to connect with the Convention in the past, to reserve one of the meeting spots and a time for group photos. These are published in the program book, and everyone at the convention is entitled to come by and snap pics. But, if you don't step up, then all the good times get snapped up. You end up with the worst backgrounds and the crappiest times.

Again you are right Meera, Western Kigurumi is a bit fractured when it comes to the concept of what it's all about. Still I know Anime North is looking for new panel ideas.

Considering the fact that this coming year, there may be as many as three Kigurumi Mask makers in attendance, a panel on technique might be a way to showcase the skills, and get the word out.

Miss Kiki
      Oh man for a panel i could have a few cute ideas: like getting someone to mimic the actual kig's character voice and talk for the kigs from behind a curtain creating the illusion we have gained voices. As for ways to celebrate and photo shoot would be awesome, heck we may even be able to maybe book the pool for a little and do a swimsuit shoot!
      I know that Miss Kiki has talked in the past about having a panel where we create a kig on the spot. We start with somebody in a zentai suit and build them into character in front of the audience. A panel like this could also include information on kigurumi performing and on the culture in general while the character is being built.

As for a mask making panel, there is nothing that says we can only submit ONE panel idea.
      Jovinamask!

Meister Sakura wrote:

After looking it over this kig is going to have to withdraw from the list of kigus going to AN. The over all cost is too much for me attend. I will be going to Fanime instead. I would of loved to meet everyone. Tho I'd prolly of not done much kig. Maybe I'll shoot for 2016.

sorry to hear that meister hopefully one day we meet. :) and hopefully AN16 you can make it it'd be fun to con with ye
      "Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, you must think!"
      Well! That was extremely fast.

The confirmation for my group membership for A.N. arrived in my mailbox about 2:30 this morning. While I can print it out for the convention,I'm assuming that the group organizer will be picking up the package and distributing the badges.

As a thank you, I'd like to offer the person responsible for the group booking, the chance to Kig Up using one of my masks and outfits, at the Convention, should they wish.

Miss Kiki
      Just a quick note here for those purchasing drum cases for traveling from lonestarpercussion.com/
      I've placed an order for 3 cases that were shown as "in stock" plus I called in to verify availability for these cases...
      I was told two to three weeks delivery which fit into my schedule for an upcoming convention I'll be attending~
      Long story short... The items were backordered to a four to six week delivery so plan ahead..

remember the best way to order these are the outer dimensions of the kigurumi height and width~
      most of mine are 12 x12, some of you guys that have half masks don't need that size....
      typically those will fir in a 12 x 8.......
      Everyone measure your masks thoroughly before making a purchase. With my masks in a resting position the height comes to about 10" and the width about 13", so I will be getting a case that is about 11" to 12" deep and 14" diameter. I'm pretty with the site I have posted before, they always have the depth first and the diameter second. ie. 11" by 14"
      That's my purse! I don't know you!
      Agree on the picture aspect Meera, only nobody has been able to connect with the Convention in the past, to reserve one of the meeting spots and a time for group photos. These are published in the program book, and everyone at the convention is entitled to come by and snap pics. But, if you don't step up, then all the good times get snapped up. You end up with the worst backgrounds and the crappiest times.

Well Anime North is moving things along, progress for 2015 is underway. I found this, concerning getting a photo shoot location. Maybe someone closer to the site can scope things out?

teahousemaplemoon.proboards.co…ations-2015-update-edited

Kiki
      Anime North has opened the forum for panels at the 2015 convention.

The first person to submit a suggestion which gets approved becomes the panel Moderator.

Here's the startpoint. anpanels.com/index.php You will have to create an account to apply for a panel, then propose the panel itself.

As was mentioned before, several Kig mask makers will be attending AN this year. A panel on the different methods of making Kig masks would be in order, given how many girls will be running around the convention this year. This is a prime opportunity to promote the hobby, in a market that attracts an audience from most of central / eastern North America. An area which does not have a local Mask Maker.

Get a panel in early before all the slots disappear.

Kiki
      Well, looks like I found this too late. Would love to go, but alas no passport. Any chance of you guys traveling through Minnesota? If so, I would like to hang out and maybe some photo ops for free. No room to stay at my place but there is a hotel within a mile of my house, which also has a water park. If I did go I'm just shy of 6 feet at 5'11" but with the right shoes that can change. lol Hope you guys have a safe and fun travel! :thumbup:

Just answered my own question when I looked at the map of possible routs. Probably not going to happen. The closest would probably be Iowa.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Shizuka Kage” ().