Let's show off our PC builds...

Let's show off our PC builds...

Hey Kig-O members, let's show off your custom built desktop rigs. Laptops are welcome too.

Here's my recent build with recently purchased components.

Case: Corsair 300R Mid-Tower ATX
      PSU: Corsair CX 450M Semi-Modular
      MB: MSI B250M Gaming Pro M-ATX
      CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 "Kaby Lake" 3.5 GHz Dual Core with Hyper threading
      RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SSC $156.99
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB
      Monitor: Dell SE2717H 27" 1080P IPS LED
      KB & Mouse: ASUS Cerberus Combo

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Senkan” ().

Here is my specs table of my secondary laptop since my primary is a MacBook and little is known about the exact parts Apple uses:

ChassisCLEVO W230SS
      CPUIntel Core i3 4100M
      RAM2x8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz
      GPUNvidia GTX 860M (Maxwell, 2GB GDDR5)
      HDD0240GB mSATA3 Intel SSD
      HDD11TB Seagate ST1000 SSHD
      OSWindows 7 Professional x64
      Display3200x1800 (operating at 1600x900)
      Notes
      • WiFi is 2.4GHz-only and has a maximum throughput of 150Mbps
      • Only core apps are installed on the SSD, everything else such as Steam games are installed on the secondary rotary disk
      • The HDMI output is 4K-capable, but only up to 30Hz
      • HDD1 is exFAT formatted to achieve maximum throughput without the file size limitation imposed by FAT32

This system has had Windows 10 Pro x64 on it twice in the past, however, because of temperamental behaviour with some core apps now replaced by the UWP platform, I have had to reinstall from scratch. Yes, I'm digging my heels...and for good reason: I prefer stability and functionality over appearance; I also get more battery life with Windows 7 than Windows 10.

This system was also used to render my standby cards during my stream-testing phase.

The more you know your hardware, the better your hardware will understand and work for you.
      Facebook Flickr Twitch Twitter
      Administrator of supporting service The Animegao Circle on Discord.
      Unfortunately, I attend a CC (Community College) and the only free software I get is the Microsoft Office 365.

PSA: To those running Windows 8 or older operating systems (7 & XP), be very aware of the recent WannaCry ransomware. The PCs that were most affected were running Windows 7. Keep your OS up to date using Windows Update and regularly scan your PC for malware using your anti virus software. And always keep your data backed up and disconnected, whether through the cloud or an external hard drive. Be smart on how you use your computer.

For example, if a scareware pops up (Ex. a web browser that displays that your PC is infected and asks to download file(s), immediately press ALT-F4 or Force Quit.

Unless you have data that you have is very dear and valuable, DO NOT pay the ransom if you have been hit by any ransomware.

Senkan wrote:

PSA: To those running Windows 8 or older operating systems (7 & XP), be very aware of the recent WannaCry ransomware. The PCs that were most affected were running Windows 7. Keep your OS up to date using Windows Update and regularly scan your PC for malware using your anti virus software. And always keep your data backed up and disconnected, whether through the cloud or an external hard drive. Be smart on how you use your computer.

For example, if a scareware pops up (Ex. a web browser that displays that your PC is infected and asks to download file(s), immediately press ALT-F4 or Force Quit.

Unless you have data that you have is very dear and valuable, DO NOT pay the ransom if you have been hit by any ransomware

Also: do not open the attachments or follow links of dubious emails from those you've had no prior business with or don't have recollection giving such information to.
      Facebook Flickr Twitch Twitter
      Administrator of supporting service The Animegao Circle on Discord.
      Ok here is my build which is getting kinda old at nearly 6 years with minor tweaks along the way.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932
      PSU: Corsair HX650
      MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
      CPU: AMD 1090T
      RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator
      GPU: MSI Gameing Radeon R9 290 4GB Memory
      SSD: Samsung evo 840 500 GB, Samsung evo 850 500 GB
      HDD: 4 WD 500 GB Sata 3 drives
      Monitor: Samsung LS27D590CS 27"
      KB & Mouse: Razor Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razor Naga 2014
      Raven Ocelot
      I've had this for a few years now with tweaks along the way..

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mid-Tower ATX
      PSU: Corsair HX850
      MB: Asus z87 Pro
      CPU: Intel i7 Haswell 47xx w/ Corsair H100i liquid cooling
      RAM: 32GB Corsair something - don't remember series
      GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Founders (used to be a GTX780 until about a month or so ago)
      SSD: SanDisk SSD UltraII 480GB
      SanDisk SSD SSD UltraII 960GB
      HDD: Western Digital Blue (3TBx2)
      (I also have 4xWD Red 3TB in an external box which gathers dust except for about 2 hours once every week)
      Monitor: Quad- (upside down "T" configuration)
      Main: LG 27" 1080P IPS LED (16:9),
      L&R Sides: 2x21" Cheapo (4:3) Hanns-G LCD (for toolbars and email, IM, etc)
      Top: Samsung 24" (16:9) 1080P IPS LED something (for other stuff- mostly Netflix, YouTube, Crunchyroll, Twitch, etc)
      KB & Mouse: Logitech G810 and Logitech G700s
      I have a few systems, so I won't bore with specs. My VM server, desktop, and laptop all have i7s. The VM server has 32 gigs of RAM, everything else, 16.

I do recommend some relatively oddball things. Synology and QNAP have some NAS models which do a lot more than just file serving. I have a two drive Synology being an E-mail dump (mail from my E-mail accounts gets archived there), Git server, and a place where documents get synced to. Another el cheap 1 drive NAS (which I don't really recommend for data as there isn't any RAID protection) is a print server and a staging ground for stuff going to Amazon Glacier cold storage. This way, if one of my main desktops gets hosed and I have to reload, it is easy to fetch everything from the NAS boxes and be back up and running in no time.